All I wanted was some raggedy ass burritos...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
I had to go to Walmart for some stronger reading glasses and other typical Walmart stuff earlier today. But I wamted to hit the new Taco Bell beside the interstate here in Perry for some burritos and soft tacos for me and the youngun. Parked got out and walked to the door only to find it locked. Locked at 12:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. Of course the drive through was open with a line of suckers waiting. A minivan full of maskless folks pulled in right after me but nobody got out. They were waiting to see if I got in before getting out. As I walked by I told them everyone inside must be Covid scared and they should turn out the lights and go home. The two folks in the front laughed and shook their heads in agreement. I was so pissed i didnt even go to Walmart. If I did I'm sure some jerkoff there would've made it worse.
So here's my question. Why are we going backwards? Not talking as a country just GA as a state. I already know the problem with the country. But that same Taco Bell was wide open 2 weeks ago when I went by there. And all the Covid restrictions were supposedly lifted statewide last Thursday. Believe me I had to show a stupid ass Democrat Best Buy employee the news of that just last week. So if everyone that wants it is getting the miracle blood clot vaccine and the restrictions are supposedly gone then why in the hell are the sheeple that run these places more scared now than they were last year? There's a legal term which I believe is called " Assumed Risk" and it refers to the things we do every single day like driving, crossing the street riding in elevators etc. So all these folks are fine with those risks but too scared of the China Flu to run their businesses in the originally intended manner. Like I already said, I know the country is turning into a bunch skinny jeans feminized bitches but I expected just a little bit better from GA.

Popeye's is worse....

Waited 20 minutes in the drive-thru line to pick up an order I had placed and paid for online.
Inside was closed to "customers".

Finally get to the speaker stand and the person tells me their system has NO record of my order !!!

And that's when the shooting started..........

Popeye's is worse....

Waited 20 minutes in the drive-thru line to pick up an order I had placed and paid for online.

Finally get to the speaker stand and the person tells me their system has NO record of my order !!!

And that's when the shooting started..........
Yeah see nobody really NEEDS fast food. In fact we would all be better off without it. So making it harder to get seems like a piss poor business practice. Two or three weeks back I stopped at a new Wendy's in Perry to get biscuits for the family. Now they WERE open but when I walked in I i mediately saw two big ass teblets and point of sale terminals. Nobody there to run them. So I hollered back to the girl at the pickup counter. " Hey do I have to use these things to order?" To which she answered " Yes, you can place your order and pay right there" To which I responded with " Well why don't I just come back there and ****ing cook it too?" And by that time I was out the door. So I guess by tricking me into being my own order taker this Wendy's franchisee gets to hire half as many zit faces as they would have. But I'm not doing their jobs AND paying all the money.

Maybe the bottom line is the bottom line.

Some businesses are taking advantage to cut down on overhead. Wouldn't surprise me to see some more drive-through (or walk up) only places after this, sort of the Cookout model. A lot of business hotels that are still at pretty high occupancy are now only straightening up rooms once per week and so they've been able to lay off some of their housekeeping staff. A lot of Office Space-style businesses also are going to consider allowing for more telecommuting in the future in order to save money, I gather.

Maybe the bottom line is the bottom line.

Some businesses are taking advantage to cut down on overhead. Wouldn't surprise me to see some more drive-through (or walk up) only places after this, sort of the Cookout model. A lot of business hotels that are still at pretty high occupancy are now only straightening up rooms once per week and so they've been able to lay off some of their housekeeping staff. A lot of Office Space-style businesses also are going to consider allowing for more telecommuting in the future in order to save money, I gather.

Yup. Gonna get worse too. My coworker went to visit his mother in Alabama and stopped at a Walmart there. Every line was turned into a self-service. No more cashier lines at all.

Reactions: GFB
Might not be the restaurant doing that because of Covid. I’ve seen several fast foods closing completely some day and only using the drive thru on some days. It’s mostly due to not having enough workers to staff the place enough to allow indoor dining. Until that free government money runs out it’s going to only get worse.

https://www.tacobell.com/news/april-24-hiring-parties

Back
Top Bottom