• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

All I wanted was some raggedy ass burritos...

Went to Taco Bell on 92 in Douglasville the other evening. Drive thru line was long. Decided to go inside. No one to take your order, they have a point of sale terminal (actually two) right inside the door. Placed my order, paid with my card and then stood on the designated spot and waited on my food. Not a big deal and at least I know my order got entered in correctly and I watched them make the food and put it in the bag. My wife needed to use the facilities and she went in (their bathrooms are open to the public, unlike McDonalds which has a sign saying restrooms for employees only). She came back reporting the bathroom was filthy and the commode was stopped up. I noticed they got 100 on their last food safety inspection but maybe the inspectors don't look at the bathrooms.

Bottom line is that few, if any, of the fast food places can hire enough people to keep the inside and drive thru functioning in a pre-pandemic manner.

Went to Taco Bell on 92 in Douglasville the other evening. Drive thru line was long. Decided to go inside. No one to take your order, they have a point of sale terminal (actually two) right inside the door. Placed my order, paid with my card and then stood on the designated spot and waited on my food. Not a big deal and at least I know my order got entered in correctly and I watched them make the food and put it in the bag. My wife needed to use the facilities and she went in (their bathrooms are open to the public, unlike McDonalds which has a sign saying restrooms for employees only). She came back reporting the bathroom was filthy and the commode was stopped up. I noticed they got 100 on their last food safety inspection but maybe the inspectors don't look at the bathrooms.

Bottom line is that few, if any, of the fast food places can hire enough people to keep the inside and drive thru functioning in a pre-pandemic manner.
Yeah the new Taco Bell here in Perry ( the only one in Perry) has those two terminals beside the counter. I PROBABLY wouldn't have used them today but it's a moot point since all the doors were locked.
I guess the silver lining here is i saved about $15.00 and God knows how many calories. Every week it seems that there's more and more places I don't need to go to anymore.

Yeah the new Taco Bell here in Perry ( the only one in Perry) has those two terminals beside the counter. I PROBABLY wouldn't have used them today but it's a moot point since all the doors were locked.
I guess the silver lining here is i saved about $15.00 and God knows how many calories. Every week it seems that there's more and more places I don't need to go to anymore.

Doors aren't really locked if you pull hard enough.

a friends brother manages 2 Chick fila s and he told my friend that corporate left it up to the managers to open dining room but he was doing better with it closed,so it remains closed

. . . My wife needed to use the facilities and she went in (their bathrooms are open to the public, unlike McDonalds which has a sign saying restrooms for employees only). She came back reporting the bathroom was filthy and the commode was stopped up. I noticed they got 100 on their last food safety inspection but maybe the inspectors don't look at the bathrooms.

I worked at a gas station for a while when I was in college. There were restrooms available to customers. When they got really nasty, the "lifer" employees would keep the bathrooms locked and report them out of order until such time as a person (read: I) would come on shift who was willing to clean the bathrooms. So there's a possibility that even if there are employees they won't clean a bathroom. Second tangent point, women's bathrooms tend to be as disgusting or even more disgusting than men's bathrooms.

In a Taco Bell ??? I couldn't imagine WHY !!! LOL
SomeLameAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

I’m thinking Chic-fil-a will end up not reopening g most of their dining rooms. They will just keep them as drive through or window type of pick-up. I have seen several expand to 3 drive through lines and they have got it down. No, dining rooms want mean a smaller staff lower overhead. As it becomes time to update the restaurant, bulldoze the building and rebuild it with a smaller footprint, more efficient for drive through or app order only.

Back
Top Bottom