All I wanted was some raggedy ass burritos...

Yeah my first job was bagging at a BiLo in north Macon. I took damn near every customer's groceries to their cars. Made decent tips doing it too. All that is long gone. But on a positive note yesterday I had to take my daughter to her bass guitar lesson like every Friday. And there's a shop next to the music store loading ammo. Kinda high but they have ammo. Anyway I stopped at Little Cesar's and picked up 2 large pepperoni pizzas which was only about $13.00 for both. So this kid was back there busting ass since it was right at lunch time. He hands me the two pizzas and I handed him $4.00 I had in ones in my pocket and said " Hey this is for the cook. Keep up the good work." Granted it was only $4.00 but I would be willing to bet way more than that $4.00 that this kid had never gotten a tip before. So even though it's basically chump change I know he appreciated being appreciated if that makes any sense.
Oh and I almost forgot...I took one pizza to the music store since every time I go there the family that owns it is talking about not having time to get lunch. Took the other one next door to the ammo shop guys. I told them it was a cheap bribe since I know I'll be needing them sooner or later.
Yeah my first job was bagging at a BiLo in north Macon. I took damn near every customer's groceries to their cars. Made decent tips doing it too. All that is long gone. But on a positive note yesterday I had to take my daughter to her bass guitar lesson like every Friday. And there's a shop next to the music store loading ammo. Kinda high but they have ammo. Anyway I stopped at Little Cesar's and picked up 2 large pepperoni pizzas which was only about $13.00 for both. So this kid was back there busting ass since it was right at lunch time. He hands me the two pizzas and I handed him $4.00 I had in ones in my pocket and said " Hey this is for the cook. Keep up the good work." Granted it was only $4.00 but I would be willing to bet way more than that $4.00 that this kid had never gotten a tip before. So even though it's basically chump change I know he appreciated being appreciated if that makes any sense.
Oh and I almost forgot...I took one pizza to the music store since every time I go there the family that owns it is talking about not having time to get lunch. Took the other one next door to the ammo shop guys. I told them it was a cheap bribe since I know I'll be needing them sooner or later.

Very nice and appreciated these days likely more than we will ever know!!

Lack of staffing is the new crisis. I know two trucking companies who can't hire folks to load trucks for $20.00 an hour - not joking. What a bunch of candy asses this country has become.

Went in to racetrack to get a drink and snacks.
Walked up to the counter to pay and the three people behind the plexiglass pointed to the self checkouts and said those are open.
I dropped my drink and chips on the ground and said these are on the ground for you to actually do some work and left.
Will not cross that threshold ever again.
It’s the one at I-20 and Thornton road.
I think this is just GREAT AND AWESOME

73a.jpg

There's an Amazon warehouse opening this year near Appling. It'll be interesting to see if they have any trouble staffing. I'd think they won't at all but, after reading some of the comments on here, could be they will.

This is an introverts dream. The less people I have to interact with the happier I am. I do curbside for groceries. Drive thru only doesn’t bother me. Walmart has never had enough cashiers so self checkout is faster and I don’t have to make small talk.

So on the staffing, buddy owns an entertainment business. Kids park. No issues with staffing. They hire mainly high school kids and pay min wage. Idk. Seems to me most fast food places switched to hiring non-high school kids a while back. Chikfila still mainly hires high school kids, no issues. Heck when I was in high school, fast food gave you more hours and was more interesting. First jobs I had were at grocery stores, that was boring. I prefer to stay busy.

Couple of things going on from what I've seen. I saw this at a couple of the Waffle Houses here in Macon too. But with all this stimulus money and getting paid to stay home, these low hourly wage workers just aren't going to work. I keep seeing these signs that say short staffed due to people not showing up for their shift. So a lot of them are going back to carryout/drive thru only. Even the Waffle Houses I mentioned were only doing carry out again. Not because of covid per say, more because they can't fully staff it.

My biggest problem with drive through only is no refills on my drink. I'll spend extra money at a mom and pops country cafe to sit down, enjoy my food as soon as it's brought to me, and get my refills.

Went through Wendy's drive thru at 4:30 yesterday because no line.

When I pulled up to the box, voice said they were CLOSED due to staffing issues. And that was all that was said, and they were closed.

Back
Top Bottom