• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors - WTH??

I've never owned a Kel-Tec so have no personal experience with their quality or lack thereof. But I can't imagine ever owning one.
I've also never been to AO so have no opinion on them, good or bad.
My nephew works at an LGS and I asked him their policy and he said that they probably wouldn't have handled the shipping/return of the firearm, just give the buyer as much info as he needs to contact the manufacturer and let him deal with the warranty issue. He laughed at the idea of giving free mags.
I think AO did the OP a solid by offering to handle the return and by giving free range time, but what do I know? I'm just a truck driver.

i totally agree with @rbstern . you bought a new gun that messed up.
and your mad that they WHAT aren't handing you a new replacement off the shelf?
that their gunsmith couldn't fix it right then & there bc as you said you broke the barrel to get the live round out?
that you expect to be compensated for what?
-----them paying to ship your gun off for you?
-----free magazines for your non working gun? (thats what you should be asking keltec for if anything)
-----a used one to borrow til yours comes in?

THE BEST PART IS YOU EXPECT FREE MAGS for a S&W gun b/c your keltec broke
there is no gun store in the US that would compensate like that

they are giving u free range time.(that is compensation for a problem that wasn't even their fault)
Just a side note... He didn't break the barrel. The sub2000 folds in half.

I know people thump hard on AO - but this is 100% on KelTec - and AO is going above and beyond anything they should have to do.
I know AO even has a 30 day money back return on used guns that you buy there. Again - people thump them hard, but there are worse places out there.

I have a cousin who owns a KelTec PF9 and that thing has at least 1k rounds through it with no issues. The triggers aren't the best but the ones I have shot functioned fine. I've heard plenty of stories about them, though...

Back
Top Bottom