• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors rant

Before I discovered ODT, AO was my go to store. Great selection, reasonable prices, ample inventory. Beautiful store. Nicely stocked. But not the best service. And I bought a lot there. So much the owner himself used to call me and invite me to special events they held.

Four and a half months ago I took a revolver in for a trigger job and a spring replacement. Even have the springs in the box. David is an excellent gunsmith. Slow. Cranky. Full of himself. Needs a haircut. But an excellent gunsmith.

After 2 months I called and checked in. Got a “your just about up” comment. last month I called again and he told me how backed up (with bigger projects) he was but he’d have it done that week. 4 weeks later still no call.

I came in yesterday and picked it up. David was there and acted perturbed he had to deal with me. Got a “you don’t know how busy we are” excuse. I reminded hi the gun has sat there for 4 months but he said they are “5 months” out. Told me he only had “ I had 5 days vacation in a year”. When I reminded him that “he told me last month it would be ready that week” he said “I had you confused with someone else.” Sure, I guess he had 2 Dan Wesson 38s back there waiting on a trigger job- with the springs in the box.

Everyone is using Covid as an excuse to provide bad service. AO has bad service before Covid…. They don’t care.

Yep, AO sux....I wouldnt go there if I were yall...yep, stay away AO is soooooo horrible

Good, now that the whiny crowd has sworn off AO I can go and not be bothered by the crowds. LOL I call BS on most of yalls whines anyway, but stay away, makes my experience there that much better!!

Yep, AO sux....I wouldnt go there if I were yall...yep, stay away AO is soooooo horrible

Good, now that the whiny crowd has sworn off AO I can go and not be bothered by the crowds. LOL I call BS on most of yalls whines anyway, but stay away, makes my experience there that much better!!

Calling BS on my experience yesterday and the preceding 4 months? Appreciate that.

Frequent where you want. It’s no concern of mine.

Everyone is using Covid as an excuse to provide bad service.

Ain't that the truth. My neighbor has had a hail induced roof problem for over a year. His crappy insurance adjuster (FARMERS INSURANCE) only willing to redo ONE side of the roof. Neighbor hired an insurance mediator and paid him, and they put blue tarps on his roof. A year later when he tries to get some action? COVID...mediator and adjuster cannot meet due to Scovid.....it's all BS. I told him to send everything he had to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner and let his office get to work...

I've been to AO twice. Worked over that way, got bored.

Prices on guns were about the same as here in Athens. Wanted one used gun they had advertised. no one knew where it was, they told me that if I could find it in the rack they would let me look at it. didn't feel like that was my job.

Second visit, asked if they had an left handed holsters, them being so big and all. Clerk look like I asked him if they sold bags of ****. "If we do, they are over there."

Some point a'holes like that are going to realize there's this thing call the "interweb" that i can get just want I want put right on my front stoop.

Good selection, decent prices. That's where the good ends.

They treat you like a criminal. REQUIRE information on a 4473 that is not required. Takes forever to actually purchase a firearm there due to their nonsense. Then, they have some old fat **** up front that thinks he has a right to go through your purchased items.

I sometimes go there for something like a holster or gun case, but I can't stand all the tactical Timmy's behind the gun counter telling me what I need.....

they have one of the greatest parking lots for meets I've ever seen! Aside from that, I have no opinion as I've never set foot in there... for no reason other than I've always been able to get what I was after from one of you fine folks in their amazing parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom