• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors rant

I liked the old days......... when they shared that building with SPD, little building, no parking, but they had the time to spend with you until you found what you were looking for.
Heck even their 2nd location wasn't that bad, other than the parking lot.
I remember that....on what becomes Windy Hill Rd. Then they moved to a hole in the wall location on Cobb pkwy just north of where they are now in that old supermarket location...My son bought me a used Glock 19 for my birthday on WH. He was really proud he could do that. I still have that gun these decades later. Have it in my nightstand quickvault...

I remember that....on what becomes Windy Hill Rd. Then they moved to a hole in the wall location on Cobb pkwy just north of where they are now in that old supermarket location...My son bought me a used Glock 19 for my birthday on WH. He was really proud he could do that. I still have that gun these decades later. Have it in my nightstand quickvault...
I guess the biggest thing for me was the loss of personal customer interaction, kinda like the difference in your small hometown bank and Bank of America.

I liked the old days......... when they shared that building with SPD, little building, no parking, but they had the time to spend with you until you found what you were looking for.
Heck even their 2nd location wasn't that bad, other than the parking lot.

That old parking lot was a disaster... and honestly, put 10 people in the store and it would take an hour to check out, the new place is much better in that aspect.

I still go there a lot, their prices are about average for the most part, and some of their specials are as good as you'll find anywhere else.

Last time I was there they only had 2 'gun registers' open which slowed things down a lot. It used to be you didn't go there on a rainy Saturday, but now they seem to be busy at almost any time on any day.

Anyway, I asked the lady at the register why they didn't open up another one and she said they couldn't because they don't have enough workers. They've run a couple of job fairs but can't get anyone with a clean background to actually show apply for a job.

Before I discovered ODT, AO was my go to store. Great selection, reasonable prices, ample inventory. Beautiful store. Nicely stocked. But not the best service. And I bought a lot there. So much the owner himself used to call me and invite me to special events they held.

Four and a half months ago I took a revolver in for a trigger job and a spring replacement. Even have the springs in the box. David is an excellent gunsmith. Slow. Cranky. Full of himself. Needs a haircut. But an excellent gunsmith.

After 2 months I called and checked in. Got a “your just about up” comment. last month I called again and he told me how backed up (with bigger projects) he was but he’d have it done that week. 4 weeks later still no call.

I came in yesterday and picked it up. David was there and acted perturbed he had to deal with me. Got a “you don’t know how busy we are” excuse. I reminded hi the gun has sat there for 4 months but he said they are “5 months” out. Told me he only had “ I had 5 days vacation in a year”. When I reminded him that “he told me last month it would be ready that week” he said “I had you confused with someone else.” Sure, I guess he had 2 Dan Wesson 38s back there waiting on a trigger job- with the springs in the box.

Everyone is using Covid as an excuse to provide bad service. AO has bad service before Covid…. They don’t care.

Dude:

I'm not a gunsmith, but a big DW fan, and have overhauled several triggers. Next time you want to trick one out, look me up.

I’m never serious but Shirley
That was one of the best examples of how this site can benefit us all.
Also, I have two friends with DW pistols & will forward.

Back
Top Bottom