• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors rant

I've only been in there once, and they DID follow me around LOL, I saw him peeking around a shelve at me so I started playing cat and mouse, I ducked down, ducked walked about 30 feet and popped up, then ducked down again and went to another aisle, after about 5 minutes I had two trying to watch me, I came up behind the first guy who was looking for me and tapped him on the should and said, "Tag, you're it, but I can't play anymore, I have to go now" by this time three employees followed me to the door, I'm surprised they didn't want to body search me by this time, but I haven't been back since, I'm shocked that don't have a picture of me posted. But Yes, they do tend to make you feel like you're robbin the dang store..

I went to A/O to find a holster that used to be very popular but now nobody seems to carry-- even big online retailers. Adventure Outdoors had it though! And a young sales person helped me find it. I asked if they had similar products and he showed me some others and I found a nearly identical one from a different company at half the price. It was a good experience except of course the guy checking receipts and bags on the way out.
I told him that if I were a shoplifter, I would've stolen something more valuable than the Kydex holster I had, and he replied
"Well it's not really shoplifting, it's to make sure the clerks ring up everything that the customer brings up to the checkout stand." Then he showed me a clipboard full of entries of merchandise that customers had in their bags but the clerk had not rung up (per the receipts). He said that page of the clipboard, with a dozen entries on it, was started just a week earlier.

I went to A/O to find a holster that used to be very popular but now nobody seems to carry-- even big online retailers. Adventure Outdoors had it though! And a young sales person helped me find it. I asked if they had similar products and he showed me some others and I found a nearly identical one from a different company at half the price. It was a good experience except of course the guy checking receipts and bags on the way out.
I told him that if I were a shoplifter, I would've stolen something more valuable than the Kydex holster I had, and he replied
"Well it's not really shoplifting, it's to make sure the clerks ring up everything that the customer brings up to the checkout stand." Then he showed me a clipboard full of entries of merchandise that customers had in their bags but the clerk had not rung up (per the receipts). He said that page of the clipboard, with a dozen entries on it, was started just a week earlier.
Well, then maybe they ought to have someone watching the checkouts?

That buddy system will break you in business.

I used to buy guns from AO all the time....probably 50-75 over the years. Used to be real nice to work with. You could find the weapon you wanted (buy in stock or order) online and then go through all the paperwork in-store when you picked it up. All that stopped in 2006 when AO got sued by NYC for basically being (what NYC asserted) as a pipeline source for weapons that ended up being used in NY crimes....that battle went on for years and in 2011 AO lost its battle Smyrna gun shop owner loses another round in legal fight with New (ajc.com). IMO, it has never been the same since then. No more ordering online, very restrictive monitoring, etc.

Back
Top Bottom