• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adrenaline dump

I have worked with clients on drugs during admission to the hospital.they're extremely dangerous.there has been times it took 6 very large men to contain 1 guy.don't ever underestimate somone high or comming off drugs or alcohol.

I have worked with clients on drugs during admission to the hospital.they're extremely dangerous.there has been times it took 6 very large men to contain 1 guy.don't ever underestimate somone high or comming off drugs or alcohol.

This is very true....

A lot of people are being armchair quarterbacks around here, and I don't think that is very constructive. Laxguy did the right thing. He was faced with a potentially very dangerous person, and I don't think he over-reacted. Fortunately, Mr. Crackhead (or crazy guy) had enough sense to leave once he saw he was outgunned.

Don't throw sticks and stones at Lax. He didn't go looking for trouble, but he found it anyhow. I think it would be useful for those who are being so critical to try and put themselves in the shoes of someone who has just been surprised by someone who clearly isn't out selling girl scout cookies. Never under-estimate the danger posed by someone who seems to be on drugs or having mental problems. I have seen it first hand, from someone I thought I knew well. "These people can turn on a dime" and "never underestimate how dangerous someone like this can be" were phrases a Dr. later used to describe the illness this person had. No telling what was wrong with the bad guy, but some of it can be heavy-duty bad news. Just because a person isn't brandishing a gun or knife doesn't mean they can't chew your face off.

Try and use this situation in a constructive manner. All this "I wouldn't have even drawn my gun unless I was gonna pull the trigger" stuff ain't helpful. The guy who posted that would have just shot Mr. Crackhead in the back as he ran away. And that would have equated to 20 years in prison. Pointless comment.

-Good job, Laxguy. You did the right thing. The bad guy didn't get close enough to get your gun and make you the victim, and you successfully defused a dangerous situation. I'll bet none of these armchair quarterbacks have ever been in such a situation. You have, and you will be better prepared should it happen again.

Last edited:
Did you think about using the Wuxi Fingerhold? It could have saved alot of arm-chairing and nobody can escape it.

2.bp.blogspot.com__RQ_DZ502hTY_TfT_JV_ilTI_AAAAAAAADZY_WujbXIN6d90fc484d50f45764a5775d52c3653c.jpg

glad it worked out for you. I say you did everything right, even to the point where you didn't get trigger happy when the guy surprised you. You thought the threat had left and you proceeded on with your day. I say good job.

All in All, if someone presents erratic behavior(laying on hoods, mumbling), suspicious movement (hiding, returning after multiple attempts to get them to leave), and then approaches me from hiding location with obvious intent to surprise me or catch me off my guard especially in a discreet place like a parking garafe, I am going to pull my gun, I'm not waiting to see if your going to cold clock me, I'm not waiting to see if you are going to pull something out, I've told told you to leave and you didn't, you've touched my property, you are in a location you are not supposed to be in, and you have approached me and felt the need to surprise me in your approach. Seriously If you shoo of a druggie multiple times and he keeps coming back, each time getting closer to you, and finally he pops out from behind a wall with an angry face. What are you gunna do? fight him while he's hopped up? wait till he lands a shot on your face to defend yourself if your still conscious? This is Monday morning quaterbacking from you Rom where you think you know this homeless guy, you could predict his actions, and you in all your mental glory could have predicted his intentions when he popped out from behind a wall he's not even supposed to be inside.

Obviously it could have turned out a lot worse but it would be a good idea for you to read up on the laws on use of deadly force... specifically the topic of disparity of force.
Having this experience as a personal case study gives you a good one to study for consideration In another similar situation what you might do differently.
You might also consider having a less lethal option because if the only tool you have is a "hammer" everything looks like a "nail", so to speak.
Actually, unless there is disparity of force & retreat is not an option, a less lethal option would be a good tool to have to supplement your gun.

Seriously, look into those laws so if it happens again you will have a better idea of what the court "expects" you to do.

This is not a criticism of what you did or didn't do but rather a constructive encouragement to better understand those laws for your protection & safety.

As Massad Ayoob says, you want to survive not only the incident but also the aftermath.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom