• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adrenaline dump

All in All, if someone presents erratic behavior(laying on hoods, mumbling), suspicious movement (hiding, returning after multiple attempts to get them to leave), and then approaches me from hiding location with obvious intent to surprise me or catch me off my guard especially in a discreet place like a parking garafe, I am going to pull my gun, I'm not waiting to see if your going to cold clock me, I'm not waiting to see if you are going to pull something out, I've told told you to leave and you didn't, you've touched my property, you are in a location you are not supposed to be in, and you have approached me and felt the need to surprise me in your approach. Seriously If you shoo of a druggie multiple times and he keeps coming back, each time getting closer to you, and finally he pops out from behind a wall with an angry face. What are you gunna do? fight him while he's hopped up? wait till he lands a shot on your face to defend yourself if your still conscious? This is Monday morning quaterbacking from you Rom where you think you know this homeless guy, you could predict his actions, and you in all your mental glory could have predicted his intentions when he popped out from behind a wall he's not even supposed to be inside.
U mad?

You asked for feedback. I gave you mine. I'm just glad you got home OK.

Sorry I welcomed the constructive criticism but get offended at presumption, or what I interpret as presumption.
From what I read and from my own experience living in ATL for a dozen years now and dealing with the homeless, I may have presumed....if so, I apologize.

Had I been in your position I would have walked past him into the building and then informed LE what was going on. But, I wasn't there...I truly feel that you would have shot an unarmed man, though and that could have been a very sticky wicket for you. If the LEO's let him go, they didn't perceive him as a threat. Just trying to give a different perspective, nothing more, nothing less.

Glad the OP stood up to confrontation but as usual tough-guy approach on this thread is annoying.
You do realize that if he is homeless in ATL then there is a 25% chance he is a veteran?.

So which is it? Hate the homeless or love the veterans?

Glad you survived Laxguy, and the guy was caught. The cops said you did fine, except stay in the car so take a deep breath.
Thanks for posting about this, very good for discussion.

Would it have been legal for him to use bear spray or some sort of oc?

While OC can be a good tool to have in your defensive toolbox its a good idea to understand its limitations & practice its use.

It's important to recognize the potential threat early & determine their intentions & capabilities to QUICKLY decide which options, including "retreating tactically" , would be best to deal with the threat.

Back
Top Bottom