• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adrenaline dump

Hiding behind walls, returning to an employee only lot, continually pursuing someone, and making a B-line for me makes you a dangerous person, are you serious? I know the difference between a homeless man and trouble. Homeless people dont hide from sight, lay on hoods, and wait for you behind walls.
yes, they do. I see it all the time. I have no doubt you felt threatened, but like others have said, I can't help but think you'd have been in trouble had you fired. The homeless are generally deterred by a presentation or, of necessary a pull to low ready. The guy was coked out and looking for open cars. He wasn't after "you."

Not disputing or doubting you lax but isn't brandishing a weapon illegal?
Did you tell the cops/security that you drew down on him?
I may have missed it in your posts.
Personally, I could only point a weapon at someone right before I pull the trigger and never otherwise.

Not disputing or doubting you lax but isn't brandishing a weapon illegal?
Did you tell the cops/security that you drew down on him?
I may have missed it in your posts.
Personally, I could only point a weapon at someone right before I pull the trigger and never otherwise.

I immediately told the police, as far as I know its not illegal if you are defending against a threat. And I was about to pull the trigger, but he stopped coming towards me.

Last edited:
Ahh, this scenario reminds me of my many homeless/vagrant encounters over the years at Georgia State. Gotta be careful down there, I get campus alerts in my e-mail of muggings and the like all the time.

We get alerts over here on our campus all the time too. These students are easy targets for thugs in home park.

yes, they do. I see it all the time. I have no doubt you felt threatened, but like others have said, I can't help but think you'd have been in trouble had you fired. The homeless are generally deterred by a presentation or, of necessary a pull to low ready. The guy was coked out and looking for open cars. He wasn't after "you."

A you are really assuming alot here Mr.NBC. He laid on my hood, came to my driver side door and waited for me behind the wall, I didn't pull a gun on him as he just wandered around. I didn't attempt to pursue or go after him, he waited for me. and also this is a private lot, we have security guards, but they all huddle together and gossip instead of do their job. and he was freely walking in and out of a lot he normally would have been kept out of.

Last edited:
Another option would have been to call into your office and ask for an officer to come down and deal with it and when he has the perp cornered up, you could walk by and flip the perp a bird and throw a **** eating grin.

Another option would have been to call into your office and ask for an officer to come down and deal with it and when he has the perp cornered up, you could walk by and flip the perp a bird and throw a **** eating grin.

It was to early for anyone to be in my office, and I never put the capitol police number into my phone(mistake), I thought I had shooed this guy off for good when he made his second walk towards the exit, when he was in fact hiding.

i3.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_masonry_000_153_902_9050519.jpg

All in All, if someone presents erratic behavior(laying on hoods, mumbling), suspicious movement (hiding, returning after multiple attempts to get them to leave), and then approaches me from hiding location with obvious intent to surprise me or catch me off my guard especially in a discreet place like a parking garafe, I am going to pull my gun, I'm not waiting to see if your going to cold clock me, I'm not waiting to see if you are going to pull something out, I've told told you to leave and you didn't, you've touched my property, you are in a location you are not supposed to be in, and you have approached me and felt the need to surprise me in your approach. Seriously If you shoo of a druggie multiple times and he keeps coming back, each time getting closer to you, and finally he pops out from behind a wall with an angry face. What are you gunna do? fight him while he's hopped up? wait till he lands a shot on your face to defend yourself if your still conscious? This is Monday morning quaterbacking from you Rom where you think you know this homeless guy, you could predict his actions, and you in all your mental glory could have predicted his intentions when he popped out from behind a wall he's not even supposed to be inside.

Back
Top Bottom