• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adrenaline dump

Glad to see that you defused the situation.

I remember there was a thread a while back which was something like "have you ever used your CCW?" That thread was absolutely full of stories like this, where someone had to draw or show a gun to a bad guy to get him to go away. I don't recall that anyone on that thread actually had to fire, but it was very useful. I was amazed at how many people here actually had to draw on a perp. It is good to mentally "game out" situations like this. They aren't always so cut and dry.

Sounds like you handled things well. That guy could easily have been armed, and just not pulled it out yet. People also shouldn't ignore the fact that an unarmed man can be just as dangerous as an armed one. Some guy on PCP can go psychotic and kill with his bare hands. Happens all the time.

I know hindsight is easy, but there seems to be another alternative no one has mentioned...drive away. Don't open the door, don't get out of the car, just put it in gear and go to a different place in the parking garage, different level, or just leave and come back in a few minutes. Could you have just avoided the confrontation completely?

I know hindsight is easy, but there seems to be another alternative no one has mentioned...drive away. Don't open the door, don't get out of the car, just put it in gear and go to a different place in the parking garage, different level, or just leave and come back in a few minutes. Could you have just avoided the confrontation completely?

It is a very difficult parking garage and I have to do a three point turn to back out or get in, so no quick exit there. Like I said though, I underestimated this guy.

Ding Ding!

Ding Ding!

Like I said I have no problem admitting I underestimated the guy thinking he was just a harmless junkie that just needed shooing away, here in Atl I regularly have homeless people accost me for freebies and get way to close to my personal space so I'm just conditioned to tell them to take a hike and keep walking.

It never occurred to me to call 911 over some guy just being around my car. Obviously the situation changed quickly and turned into something worthy of a call.

It can happen to anyone, almost anywhere...

All 10-93 means is that a report was filed...it has nothing to do with his mental capacity. I'm glad you're OK but it sounds to me like you pulled a gun on an unarmed homeless person who, by your own admission, wasn't "that" dangerous. Learn from this so you're better prepared for the next time.

All 10-93 means is that a report was filed...it has nothing to do with his mental capacity. I'm glad you're OK but it sounds to me like you pulled a gun on an unarmed homeless person who, by your own admission, wasn't "that" dangerous. Learn from this so you're better prepared for the next time.

Hiding behind walls, returning to an employee only lot, continually pursuing someone, and making a B-line for me makes you a dangerous person, are you serious? I know the difference between a homeless man and trouble. Homeless people dont hide from sight, lay on hoods, and wait for you behind walls. Cops said he was crazy though, I just assumed that when they said 10-93 it was related. And of the 5 cops that were here all agreed he was not harmless, they said they looked at the cameras and he had been circling cars since 7 am looking inside of them. To even top it of I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he essentially tried to ambush me, and unarmed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous try to fight a crackhead and see if they feel your punches

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom