• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A note for you brass hounds out there....

Has anyone tried reloading with Berdan primers. I know RCBS makes a tool to remove them but you would still have to drill a center hole and will boxer primer seaters work? Are the primers the same diameter? Is this a last ditch, I am knee deep in brass and have run out of everything else reason to try?

Has anyone tried reloading with Berdan primers. I know RCBS makes a tool to remove them but you would still have to drill a center hole and will boxer primer seaters work? Are the primers the same diameter? Is this a last ditch, I am knee deep in brass and have run out of everything else reason to try?
The are not the same size. Berdan primers are incredibly difficult to find in my experience. There are conversion kits out there, or were in 2013 (during the "Great Neckbeard Panic") but it's time consuming and not eco omical now that PPU makes new brass in most old military chamberings.

First they start putting small primers in .45acp and now I got to watch out for this fake brass BS. What’s next aluminum cases?......oh that’s right, they’re in the mix too..insanity I tell you insanity!

And waited till my eyes got old enough to get crossed going through a batch and separating them!

The are not the same size. Berdan primers are incredibly difficult to find in my experience. There are conversion kits out there, or were in 2013 (during the "Great Neckbeard Panic") but it's time consuming and not eco omical now that PPU makes new brass in most old military chamberings.
That’s what I thought. Thanks for the info “Oh Great Sage of the Range and all things that go BOOM”:becky:

Look for the two holes in the bottom of the case--Berdan primed

1228161850.jpg
1228161856c.jpg

bambam bambam here is the two piece case that corrodes so badly when exposed to water and air. On the plus side? The nickled steel upper portion makes them easy to pick up with a shop magnet.
Still wouldn't try loading them. I don't trust the aluminum rim.
IMG_20200408_055440.jpg

I think the dirt on the new pistol pits is a low ph ---4. Kaolin is alkaline. This eats aluminum up. Therefore, we must replace the dirt at the new ranges. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom