• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

35 Remington Pump Completed

Got it done tonight, late night at work. Might just be my tired eyes but it seemed a shade darker Guess we will see tomorrow when there is Plenty of light.

Last edited:
All parts match in color after finl boil and carding. First heavy coat of oil. Pics of the receiver, barrel, sights, tube that keeps it all together. I applied Kroil heavily to the parts since it penetrates extremely well. If these parts do like the last they will absorb it within a couple of hours.The parts are extremely thirsty for oil is all I can say. Then a heavy does of Hoppes oil and 24 hour sit. Assembly tomorrow night.

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 20
I'll bet the whole place smells like pine sol :)
After a good oiling, I'd heat the metal up so that it opens the pores and seasons it like a skillet. I'm not sure if I'd try it in the oven with Kroil though cause you'd probably never get rid of the smell. I used rem oil and heated up a couple I did and they have held up well.

Reading this has got me all hot and bothered. I need to find me a crapped out cheap .22 or shotgun or something comparable and go through this process. It was great reading, GJ and wonderful post string.

Awesome job. Can't wait to see the aSsembly and read your impressions on the process and results. You jumped into the deep end of the pool - how does it feel as you look over your good work at this point?

Here are pics scoped in at 7 pounds even!!!

And is the first time firing. The first to shots to right are with the barrel extremely oiled!!!!! So I am going to call these fouling shots. The group to the left that are touching is after just about all the oil is gone. Group was fired at 50 yards from a standing position leaning against a pole (picture loaded sideways). Not the most steady base to shoot from.

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 12
Awesome job. Can't wait to see the aSsembly and read your impressions on the process and results. You jumped into the deep end of the pool - how does it feel as you look over your good work at this point?

I enjoyed it!!! It was tiring towards the end after doing it for 15 days lol and working 12 hour shifts. Thats what happens when you start without all the parts. I am extremely pleased with the results. I showed the rifle to a few friends and they said it looked new to them and would not have known the difference had they not known I was doing the project. It does have one blemish unfortunately. While doing all this work, I constantly wore gloves. Well, with hot and humid weather people sweat.I used a paper towel to wipe off sweat so it did not drip on the gun. The result was apparently the sweat bled through the paper towel and that finger touched the metal. I notice the spot but othesr might not. And it happened prior to my last application of the Pilkingtons. Had I known I would have tried to wipe down with denatured alcohol and see if that would have helped.

Sharps definitley something I am going to do again!!!! But before my next project I will have a damp box and a better steel tank.

Awesome glad to see it all together.
What do you think of the handling so far?
You'll probably have to sling it and take it for a walk in the woods to truly appreciate what you've accomplished.
I know you're not exactly a short fellow but have you thought about shortening the length of pull to trim it down a little more?

Back
Top Bottom