• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

35 Remington Pump Completed

Awesome glad to see it all together.
What do you think of the handling so far?
You'll probably have to sling it and take it for a walk in the woods to truly appreciate what you've accomplished.
I know you're not exactly a short fellow but have you thought about shortening the length of pull to trim it down a little more?

Handling is great!!! It is extremely well ballanced. The length of pull is extremely comfortable right now, it pulls up naturally so i am probably not going to mess with that. As far as the kroil I did it in the garage and left it out there over night :)

- - - Updated - - -

Great job bro!!!!

Thanks!!

This is your first job of such an extensive nature it seems. And you got it right. Looks great, weight scoped is lovely, bet it snaps to the shoulder and swings easy too. That lil Pump Stalker looks so sweet. Wonderful that you rescued it from paint and abuse. Enjoy it in the woods. I spect it'll be a favorite and a pretty regular go to gun.

Everyone, please welcome the new Gunsmith in Walton Co GA. Seems to me he has the patience and perserverence to make a real go of it. Kudos all around!!!!!

"Well considering it's a complete Bubba now I might go a hunnard on it:)"

Good to see the smiley face otherwise there might be a hurt feeling or two. :)

I do believe he scrubbed off all the Bubba and made some right good handling improvements. And, rust blue? Thats no easy job...way to much work for a Twinkie Smokin Cigar Chompin Bubba Bill! :D

Value?

Prolly more than you paid for it. To someone who wants a carbine edition they can actually use with out worrying about wear and tear? Prolly as much as a fine original rifle, maybe as much as a fine original carbine.

Sharps yes I believe it will be a go to gun lol, so far all my coworkers say it looks new and love the balance. It pulls up to the shoulder extremly well. But before I shoot a deer with it i have to shoot one with my 338-06 Ackley I had built last year.

Thanks to all who followed along. I know this was drug out over two weeks, but I wanted everyone to see my progress or mistakes as I made them so we all could learn from them and hopefully not repeat them lol.

Back
Top Bottom