• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“Peek at CCW”

Every time I read “just a peak of your permit”, It makes me feel sleazy and cheap like we’re meeting in a parking garage in the back of a white windowless van to do the peeking
What type of man asks another man for a peek of anything he owns. It’s just another ploy for these type to gain control a little at a time by accepting words like peak John Wayne never used the word peek —-it’s true
And woke, and a whole list of other words that don't mean anything.

I met a FNG once to sell a rifle to. Pulled up and noticed he had an Alabama tag on his car.
Ok not uncommon to see that living 30 minuets from the line.
Guy looks it over and says he'll take it and starts to get the cash out and i ask for his permit and license because he has a alabama tag.
Turns out he was an alabama resident. Tried to get me to sell it to him anyway, THEN said his mom or wife or something idr was a georgia resident and lived up the road and asked if id sell it to them.
Told the guy if he wanted it bad enough to meet me and Rome G&P and they can sell it to him.
Never heard from fed boy again.

I met a FNG once to sell a rifle to. Pulled up and noticed he had an Alabama tag on his car.
Ok not uncommon to see that living 30 minuets from the line.
Guy looks it over and says he'll take it and starts to get the cash out and i ask for his permit and license because he has a alabama tag.
Turns out he was an alabama resident. Tried to get me to sell it to him anyway, THEN said his mom or wife or something idr was a georgia resident and lived up the road and asked if id sell it to them.
Told the guy if he wanted it bad enough to meet me and Rome G&P and they can sell it to him.
Never heard from fed boy again.
100% more observant than I would have been.

Being Military stationed in GA, I've always had to explain why I have an out of state permit and DL. If i were to ever buy a firearm from a FFL i actually have to present my orders assigning me to GA and I'll be damned if I'm dragging those along for a trade. So I typically just pass those asking for a "peek" up because it's just too difficult to explain sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom