• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know you are behind a dumbass driver when...

Anyone right ahead of me is driving too slow!
Anyone right behind me is driving too fast!!

:)

How about the dumbass that merges onto the highway then cuts across 5 lanes of traffic to get into the HOV lane... just to go slower than all of the other traffic they just plowed through! SMH

I agree. If I can't make the pass within a mile or so I just back out and let traffic go.

It's especially infuriating when I'm coming up going 75, with no one behind me, and the guy wants to start passing from 58mph 500 yards in front of me. Wait 4 seconds and there would be one less pissed off person in the world.

I have found that if I keep in the far right lane during rush(stopped) hour I make better time.
Everyone is convinced that if you get in the "fast lane" you will go faster. Meanwhile traffic stops for all the merging madness and I cruise by everyone at about 23-35mph.

I have found that if I keep in the far right lane during rush(stopped) hour I make better time.
Everyone is convinced that if you get in the "fast lane" you will go faster. Meanwhile traffic stops for all the merging madness and I cruise by everyone at about 23-35mph.

That is the truth. Between people leaving the interstate, and everyone trying to get in the far left lane, the slow lane almost always makes better time in stop and go traffic.

A good general rule is, if you want to get in a lane so does everyone else. When you merge, everyone else does too. That's why the lane you're I always goes slower. You can also make good time, sometimes, only merging into the stopped lane of traffic. It'll start moving and when it starts to slow down merge into the stopped line of traffic again. You have to make counterintuitive moves, because everyone is basically sheep and wanting to do the same thing when traffic is backed up.

Back
Top Bottom