• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why does everybody hate 40 s&w

40 stopped being used by police and govt agencies so it's popularity dropped. the round was invented because the 10mm used a larger firearm and the recoil was too much for many govt employees
It is nowhere near to being dropped by LE. Some, and I mean some have went to 9mm. But I can assure you it is for budget purposes.

I hate you. My wife is korean so i have to fight to keep it at 75. I gave her a kim jung ill. BTW bruce, buy a 45.

I have one or two of those I think.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20151012_114741_zpspq7ite1z.jpg

I think with the advent of better 9mm ammo on the market EDC its a no brain er.. but for serious one shot or maybe two the 10mm is hands down a better round..but im 6ft 250 with big arms so recoil isnt a problem..i wouldnt want to be hit by the 40...and LEOs will tell you it is effective
If the advent of better ammo works for the 9mm wouldn't logic say it would also improve any other caliber it was manufactured in?

Shot bowling pins with a Sig 9mm. Pins kept falling over but not going off the table. Switched to one of my .40 cals., no more problems.

I can reload the 10mm & .40 S&W with the same bullets on the same dies.

And, what Republican said.

Y'all just keep marking all those junk .40 S&W pistols and all that crap ammo prices down. It's no good! Give it away!
Give me a PM and I'll come get it and haul it to the dump for you!!
That can't be, everyone says the 9mm does exactly what the .40 does...

You asked....

For me, asking $550-600 for a 20+ year old Sig P229 won't excite me no matter WHAT caliber it is. And yes, I know, extra stuff. Don't care really. Still too much money. And I have 5 or 6 guns in 40 S&W already. In fact, aside from my Glock 30S, 33 and the wifes Ruger LC9, ALL my handguns are 40's. Someone on here listed a Sig P229 for $425 and it breaks my heart that I can't get to it. But at $550+ my heart will be just fine.

It's confirmed. I ****ing hate you.

If it makes you feel any better, I no longer own the GSG (it wasn't a 45 anyway) and I traded the Ed Brown for a Harley I sold to my father in law. The colt and the Kimber were my dad's guns so the Taurus is the only one in the picture that I actually purchased and still own.

If the advent of better ammo works for the 9mm wouldn't logic say it would also improve any other caliber it was manufactured in?

I love the comment about how the 40's wear out faster due to higher pressure but the ammo offers no advantage. Someone is missing the physics of their own argument. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom