• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here has sleep apnea? What have you done to treat it?

What treatment method do you use that works?

• Whole face CPAP

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Nose only CPAP

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Inspire surgical implant or other implant device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeus external device (electrical stimulation)

• Mouth device you insert

• Taping

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nightlase laser sleep apnea treatment

• Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Obstructive apnea and central apnea are two different problems with different solutions. a sleep study can tell which one you have. I took medication for central apnea for about 10 years and somehow the co2 buildup sensors in my brain started working again so I am off the medications now. A brain stem injury caused my problems. not breathing is bad for your health. Don't mess around with your life.

I’m just gonna live and die like PawPaw an’em . Quit wearing the mask in 2017. Wife kicked me out of the bedroom for snoring about a year later . I wanted my own GunRoom anyway, and to **** with that dog sleeping between us snoring just as bad. Turned out cool; like we’re dating again lol.

I got up to 250 pounds and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. i was on a cpap for about 3 years and finally started to lose weight. I got down to 200 and no longer needed the cpap and now a year later I am down to 190 and sleep like a baby. The excess weight was the reason for my apnea and losing it resolved the issue.

I got up to 250 pounds and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. i was on a cpap for about 3 years and finally started to lose weight. I got down to 200 and no longer needed the cpap and now a year later I am down to 190 and sleep like a baby. The excess weight was the reason for my apnea and losing it resolved the issue.
Congrats. I’m dropping weight as well and feeling better. Hoping to get down to 250 ; it’s a good weight for me at6’4”

Anyone have trouble getting to sleep during the study? It's hard for me to get to sleep without a good dose of Benadryl.

Congrats. I’m dropping weight as well and feeling better. Hoping to get down to 250 ; it’s a good weight for me at6’4”
Lost 26 lbs. over the past 2 years on Keto; my wife said I haven't snored in almost two years now.

Before that, I snored like a freight train and sometimes stopped breathing. Weight loss was key for me...

Does anybody here have the Inspire implant? I like the idea of getting away from the mask all together.
(And being part Borg sounds cool).
I have an appointment to talk about it. It’s simple but scary to me, it goes in your chest and runs up to your neck. I was all in until I hear some horror stories. The only place the VA could find that does it was in Griffin

Back
Top Bottom