• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here has sleep apnea? What have you done to treat it?

What treatment method do you use that works?

• Whole face CPAP

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Nose only CPAP

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Inspire surgical implant or other implant device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeus external device (electrical stimulation)

• Mouth device you insert

• Taping

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nightlase laser sleep apnea treatment

• Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
They're are probably health questions. And if you admit to sleep apnea, that's probably a red flag.
I'm a heart patient, so I doubt I could get coverage myself.
40ae89f1-25cd-47ee-98fd-3f13b29f9c1c_text.gif

Diet
Exercise
CPAP

Kniw your numbers
Blood pressure
Blood sugar

Cmon man!
This is so true. I’ve been on CPAP 14 years. Took some getting use to. I wake up rested and no more falling asleep during the day. My attention span is greatly expanded. Getting use to the hose takes a few months and you may have to try different mask to find the right one for you.

I use a cpap with nasal pillows. Did an overnight stay at the lab for a sleep study. I was always told by my longtime girlfriend and then my wife how bad my snoring and stopping breathing had gotten at night. Being in my late 20’s and 30’s I ignored it. I was sleeping on my lunch break every day and completely exhausted all the time. When I started nodding off behind the wheel I finally took it seriously. Study revealed how bad it was.

I use a chin strap to keep my mouth from opening and the soft nasal pillows. It isn’t the most wonderful nightly routine, but didn’t take me long at all to get used to. You have to travel with it and that’s sometimes annoying, but not using it really messes me up. Get checked out. The stress on your heart is very significant.

I'm quite sure I'd be dead today without CPAP.
I was officially diagnosed in 2014 but had suffered for many years already.
I was the second worst case my doctor had ever seen and I seemed to always be sick, have blurred vision, headaches, body aches, and of course the perpetual tiredness.

I feel very lucky I never killed myself or someone else falling asleep at the wheel. It was a constant battle driving home in the mornings off midnight shift. Pissed many people off while dosed off at intersections. (I always made it a point to pull my e-brake up so I wouldn't idle off into cross traffic)
I woke up countless times in the emergency lane or in median on grass and even a couple times on an unintended exit ramp, all at highway speeds!

Severe sleep deprivation is no joke guys. It damages your heart, brain, and immune system and will cut your life short.

Back
Top Bottom