• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here has sleep apnea? What have you done to treat it?

What treatment method do you use that works?

• Whole face CPAP

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Nose only CPAP

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Inspire surgical implant or other implant device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeus external device (electrical stimulation)

• Mouth device you insert

• Taping

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nightlase laser sleep apnea treatment

• Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I had the surgery, tonsils, uvula removed, deviated septum and soft palette cut down. Worked until I got fat again. Went back and started cpap again 3 years ago, can’t say I love it but it’s better than not sleeping.

Fisher and Paykel Brevida nasal mask is the only one I can seem to sleep decently with. Nose pillows are soft. I have tried the resmed and Phillips nasal cushions and wished they worked, just can’t get used to them.

sleep apnea and CPAP for over 20 years, I must be lucky as I tolerate it pretty well and sleep soundly every night, but I recognize everyone is different. Good luck to all who have to mess with it.

I have lost some weight, 315 down to 275, obviously could lose another 100.

Only thing I can say we have in common…

First thing that came to mind was I wanted to hook my mask and hose to my tailpipe!

I’m pretty sure I have it but I don’t have insurance or a doctor that I can afford to pay to find out.

Look online I can't afford to go to the ENT but you can get a sleep study sent to your home much cheaper than the doctor and there are places that will sell you equipment without a prescription, last time I tried to go to the doctor about it I had insurance and it covered the first visit but it was going to cost more to go through insurance then I did ordering online.

Back
Top Bottom