Votes: 2 3.1%
  • SIG P226 Series - 9mm

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • TACO's

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
SIG all day for me.
Better grip angle and very accurate.
And I have owned one of each of the above - all gone but the SIGGY now.

image.jpg

Well, it looks like Glock is the heavy favorite on the ODT. I think they are OK. I like (love) the SIG and, I keep the Beretta more for nostalgic reasons from my Army day's although it is a very fine shooting pistol as well. Unfortunately or some would call it fortunate, I no longer have the M&P9. Made a trade for a Like New FNX-45 on that one since this poll was up. Don't think I will get another M&P but, who knows, maybe I will. The trigger did feel a little like sandpaper rubbing together. I Hope you all that participated enjoyed the little poll.

I know there are others out there that deserve attention for being a great (Full or Duty Sized) 9mm Handgun like, CZ, FNH, and HK or the likes of them but, they were just not in this poll.

Out of more than 450 onlookers, only 28 or you took the time to comment and little more voted. Not a lot of support for this poll but that's OK too. Some enjoyed it.

So, off to the range today to shoot a couple of them Great 9mm's and the New to me FNX-45

Ya'll have a great day now, ya hear.

Last edited:
I think in the end it all depends on the purpose of the gun and who is wielding it. I don't care for the grip on a glock. Never have and probably never will. It doesn't feel natural in my hands.

Before I bought my sig I asked the advice of several people who work with firearms in one function or another. Cops, Gun shop owners, Military.

The gun shop owner was the most influential as he was a glock dealer and told me that glocks are great guns, but if he was going to combat and could only take one handgun with him and nothing else he'd have a sig at his side.

After shooting multiple guns now I can understand why. My sig has been worked by its previous owners (its an old west german 1986 model) and has been rode hard and put away wet. Yet its still the most accurate and consistent handgun in my safe. I trust it completely. I just don't know if a polymer framed gun could take the abuse that this thing has and still function like it was new.

The officer I spoke with is a long time friend of mine from Chicago that I met through a motorcycle forum, the forum meets up every year at deals gap at the end of July and I greatly value his opinion on things. He was a strong vote for Beretta but also noted that it was purely because that's what felt right in his hand and what he shot best with right out of the box after testing all the handguns that were approved for his department. He shoots and practices with it every chance he gets and says he's put it through the ringer and it still functions flawlessly. I think he had said he's been using it for 10 years now and is going to replace it just for his peace of mind that it will continue to function if he ever NEEDS it to because he's got that voice in the back of his head now just because of its age and use.

Back
Top Bottom