• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where do you keep your pistol while driving?

As our new C.C. law (in Wisconsin) will make loaded vehicle carry legal after Nov. 1st... Open Carry without permit and concealed Carry after you get a permit, there has been a lot of discussion on this topic in the WI. Open Carry thread...

There is also some confusion in the new law (go figure) as to what will be considered "concealed" in a vehicle. The new law says open carry holstered on the hip will be legal and some say case law and a different state statute says that firearm must be visible from someone standing outside the vehicle (without the permit) to be legal.. so some open carriers are talking about mounting a holster on top of the dash to compley with the visible from outside the vehicle thing until they get their permit which will cover loaded on holster on the hip...

Discussed ans some good sugesstions for Concealed Carry in a vehicle Holsters / Options here...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?95220-Mounting-holster-in-vehilce.

Outdoorsman

Not allowed to carry on the job so no holster when I'm working. Always in my belt loop at 3:30.(Kimber pro carry)
Glock 26 stays in the glove box and the "primary" gun in the trunk.

Last edited:
I'm going to get some velcro attach the soft side to my iwb holster and the rough side to my dash so I can put it on the dash for ease of access for when road rage takes over.

Back
Top Bottom