• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where do you keep your pistol while driving?

If you can't comfortably drive with your pistol strapped to your hip, you need to carry something else. Glock 19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck gives me zero problems in or out of the car. Baby Glocks carry even better.

In my holster, on my belt.

I have seen the aftermath of a "semi-violent" wreck recently. EVERYTHING in the truck was thrown all over the place. You do not want to have a loose pistol flying around inside your vehicle if you have a wreck.

Please, secure it down. It really should be in a holster and secured to something. Either your body, or a part of the automobile where it will not move. Period.

Laying on a seat, in a cup holder, etc., is just not a good idea.

My opinion.

Jerry

In my holster in an open carry manor. Easy to grab and if I have to lock down the brakes it won't go flying.

This..got tired of chasing mine all over the car when I drove so started just keeping it on me..plus right after my wreck it took me a sec to find mine so no more of that..now it'll stay in place and I can get to it with ease

This..got tired of chasing mine all over the car when I drove so started just keeping it on me..plus right after my wreck it took me a sec to find mine so no more of that..now it'll stay in place and I cam get to it with ease

Well my maIn focus point is muscle memory . I can draw from the holster and still keep my eyes on the threat. With it being somewhere else in the car, without training and practice that can get you cooked.

In my holster, on my belt.

I have seen the aftermath of a "semi-violent" wreck recently. EVERYTHING in the truck was thrown all over the place. You do not want to have a loose pistol flying around inside your vehicle if you have a wreck.

Please, secure it down. It really should be in a holster and secured to something. Either your body, or a part of the automobile where it will not move. Period.

Laying on a seat, in a cup holder, etc., is just not a good idea.

My opinion.

Jerry

My Dad was involved in a wreck in 1970 going to a call with another officer in the passenger seat running over 100 mph. Long story short, the other officer had his .38 revolver in his hand and it bounced all over the inside of the car and wound up hitting him in the base of the skull with the hammer and nearly killed him. He had the mental capacity of a 2 year old after that and never recovered. I think he died a couple of years later and he was in his late twenties. I always keep my pistol in a holster on my side.

Back
Top Bottom