• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When listing an AR on ODT, why would you list it as a M16?

I recently got a F-U from a member for doing just that. If it doesn’t have a tax stamp it's not a M16. He just joined my ignore list.

Another member once questioned my intelligence and suggested I ought to know that based upon the price. I agree that is misleading title, and against the Rules, but it happens rather frequently.

Should we click on the report function as the item has a misleading title?

You’re welcome to, but I can’t say that the Staff would consider “M16” as a misleading title. It means different things to different folks. Next thing would be having to edit listings for “Glock clips”.

If it were a select-fire, it would have an “NFA” or “Class III” tag attached.

What I was referring to is someone that has a BCM upper receiver assembly on an Anderson lower receiver, and titles it something like “BCM AR”.

Not to hijack this thread, but I see the initials referenced within it, so is BCM Bravo Company Manufacturing or is BCM Bear Creek Manufacturing ? I understand there is quite a bit of quality difference. Just asking for clarity. Thanks.

Not to hijack this thread, but I see the initials referenced within it, so is BCM Bravo Company Manufacturing or is BCM Bear Creek Manufacturing ? I understand there is quite a bit of quality difference. Just asking for clarity. Thanks.
Bear creek is BCA.

Tomato, to-mato. I wouldn’t get so worked up. It’s just semantics and/or a lack of knowledge. Frustrating, yes, but who really cares. Some people are stupid.

Close as I can get to M16

not an M16!

Attachments

• IMG_6592.jpeg
    IMG_6592.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom