• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you pay for this Tacoma?

Dumb question OP, but you say it has TRD stickers. Not sure if all TRDs in those years were all 4wd?

Is this 2wd or 4wd?

From my research, I believe someone added on the side TRD decals. They look old though so I am not too sure.
I read that the 6 lug models were either prerunner or trd but this one is def 2wd.

Based on a quick AutoTempest search I would say $3900 is fair as long as it checks out. Frame rust would be a deal breaker.

As an aside. From 2003 when I started, to 2013 when I left the dealership I was at, I never saw a 4cyl Tacoma that needed chains. The old 22R engines were pretty regular customers.

Okay I did bring out a mechanic and he says everything looks as good as a 300k taco should.
I know its a 4 cylinder and its 6 lugged so I am thinking its just a prerunner model. Not an sr5 or TRD model.
I forgot to ask my mechanic if timing chains ever need to replaced. I'm not much of a mechanic.

I did take the truck out onto 285 and found a stretch where I pushed it to 90 and it accelerated well. Idles fine.
Its now sitting in my driveway.

Prerunner just means it is two wheel drive, regardless of the trim level. It can be a SR5 with the TRD package and be a Prerunner. If it is a TRD, it will still have a rear locker even being two wheel drive.

Its now sitting in my driveway.

Sorry you got ripped off.
Since the ODT experts say its worth $2000 max, I’ll give 2,500 to help you out.

All joking aside $3900 for that truck seems very reasonable to me.
My dad has been driving a very similar 01 prerunner with the 2.7 for a looong time.

It’s at 350,000 without any major issues ever.

If you or anybody wants the damn truck then buy it.... Ive wanted things before and bought them just because i wanted them too. I paid 2 grand for a dirt bike that didn't even run once. If just the name Tacoma is worth $5000 to you then dive in, cause that's basically what you're paying for on a truck with more than a quarter of a million miles. I think its great that folks know somebody with one that has 350k that they've had for years and they love it. This was sitting on the side of the road with TRD stickers slapped on it, not owned by your father in law since '06...

Don't get me wrong, they are badass trucks for sure, and the brand new ones are super cool. If I found a smoking deal on a used one that came from someone I KNEW personally, then hell yea I'd drive it. But they're overpriced, and overdemanded(notaword).

Id rather have on that looks like **** on the outside but was meticulous maintained, but thats just how I roll. Age is camouflage.

PS - my uncle is a retired PA, combat trained medic, ex-african missionary, world traveler, master diver, excellent marksman, and probably the smartest person I know. And he's driven toyota trucks exclusively since like 1980. They're GTG but beware, people like to have fun in them. Probably not so much to worry about a 2wd.

I just don't want to see anyone get ripped off because they get the "I want" blinders on.

I sincerely hope that thing works out for you, its a good lookin ride!

There is two Tacoma's in Warner Robins that I know of that have 1,000,000 miles on them and they keep on tickin'. But I agree, $3000 would be a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom