• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you pay for this Tacoma?

I’d say $3500 max, I bought an 08 in 2013 with 65k miles. It now has 178k miles, all I did for the first 5 years was put a battery. Recently I had to put brakes, tire rods, and bearings. Either way they are solid trucks. I’d have someone look over you trust.

That’s like saying I got a used rossi 38 for $125 , there’s no way in hell a used glock 19 is worth $450. While I personally agree, mostly because I pay $426 new on blue label, there is a market. Ever wonder why people from other countries come here and don’t buy American made vehicles? Even they know they are crap. Anything dodge throws a transmission at 60k and even the dealer will tell you they lose money on every deal because they make it on the back end.
I will put a Chevrolet Silverado up against any foreign made truck

Based on a quick AutoTempest search I would say $3900 is fair as long as it checks out. Frame rust would be a deal breaker.

As an aside. From 2003 when I started, to 2013 when I left the dealership I was at, I never saw a 4cyl Tacoma that needed chains. The old 22R engines were pretty regular customers.

They are good trucks. Look for rust! That gen taco is known for frame issues with rust. The 2.7 4cyl is like a big block 22R. Just as reliable but more power. I've had 5 or 6 yotas and if something broke or wore out, it was from me driving it. It wasn't the trucks fault. If man can make it, I can break it

I can't speak for that specific truck or the price. However my 03 has 325k on it. Everything works and I keep up my maintenance. It doesn't use any oil. It's still tight and has no rattles. I did wear out the ignition switch and driver's side window motor. I've lost count of the deer I've got with it. Best truck I've ever owed.
View attachment 2652706

What a beauty! :D

Back
Top Bottom