Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
Ok race fans.
I hurt, I hurt all over now…
Friday night during testing Maverick tried to kill me again. This time I went down hard, I don’t remember most of it as I was knocked out for just a few moments.
(I remember my helmet hitting the asphalt and a quick thought that I was likely hurt rather badly. As a side note, the new helmet had barely a scratch the quality helmet probably saved a more serious injury.)
First thing I remember was being scared ****less at the visage of Shaun Brewington staring at me through my face shield. LOL
However my left shoulder, back left ribs, front left sternum, and left hip felt like I was run over by several big trucks at once.
The bike actually sustained less damage, and the track officials stood up my bike and I was able to ride it back to the trailer. Before the pain set in for real, I think I was in temporary shock.
I have to thank Jacob Trent and Shaun Brewington for helping me get the bikes loaded. Also both of their families for showing great concern for my well being, this meant more than they know.

On to today’s race.
Good day, solid reaction times and Roxanne was her normal consistent self, I’d say the high light of the day was defeating Andrew Patterson, after all, to be “the man” you have to beat “the man” and he has always been on of the strongest competitors around.
Any way, as long as I stayed moving, I felt passible and I was very blessed and fortunate to continue and win the whole race!

Now that I’m home I cannot hardly move, aches are coming around that I didn’t notice, and getting up from the couch is an adventure…

My right foot started hurting and I guess it took a hit too. Sigh.

I hope I have a few more pictures later of our day. But I have a few now.

Special shout out to Chris Moore for sponsoring this class, it’s nice to have somewhere reasonably close to race.
Also Dustin Lee with Hardtimes Parts and Service I tried to get the shirt in the picture.
IMG_2409.jpeg
IMG_2408.jpeg

Get well soon, speedy recovery. That asphalt does not give at all. On the helmets, good policy is get a good one. Far too many folks killed just wearing a brain bucket. Had a friend that happened to him making a turn to go home and hit some gravel slid into a curb and flipped and his head hit the curb at about 5 mph. They said if he had on an official motorcycle helmet, he would have survived. Sad day for his wife and kids, friends too.

Congrats on the win.
My racing has all but stopped since Atlanta closed, as there are no "real" tracks near Rutledge to participate regularly.
When you have to travel a 200 plus mile loop in today's economy, even winning won't cover the fuel for the tow, entry, race fuel and food. It was about a wash when we had Atlanta.
Sponsors are almost impossible anymore on a sportsman level.
That puts a weekly program out of budget anymore.
At least I live out here in the sticks and can ease out to the main drag and get a G force fix when the coast is clear.

:cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom