• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you pay for this Tacoma?

Prerunner just means it is two wheel drive, regardless of the trim level. It can be a SR5 with the TRD package and be a Prerunner. If it is a TRD, it will still have a rear locker even being two wheel drive.

Yeah, Prerunners were just made to look like the 4WD trucks. Had a mild lift to fit the bigger wheels and tires. It will make finding wheels and other parts if you need them easier.

I will put a Chevrolet Silverado up against any foreign made truck
My first gen Tacoma was made in California, my third gen Tacoma was made in Texas with a parts count of almost 60% US sourced parts. I would really be interested to know what Silverado's you're looking at because it's really surprising where stuff is actually made and where they get their parts.

my 2001 Tacoma has 360k on the original transmission and original motor. It's a 2wd v6 prerunner sr5. I've changed spark plugs, flushed the transmission a few times(cycled through coolant lines), 02 sensors, plugs, wires, original coil packs, oil changes, and a lot of brakes and tires, I think that's all I've done while giving it hell a lot of the time. Also did valve cover gaskets to fix an oil leak.

To the OP who bought the truck. When you go to change front pads and rotors, MAKE SURE YOU GET NEW CALIPER BOLTS. At 300k+ they are really fatigued if they haven't been swapped. They are also hardened steel bolts and impossible to extract..... So save yourself sometime and when you go to do brakes, buy new OEM toyota bolts. It's only a few bucks. I had to swap the whole spindle when I stripped one out.

If your budget is low be willing to drive further. With zero work I found a full page of under $5000 Tacomas on Autotrader and a lot with under 200,000 miles by increasing the search radius to 500 miles. No way would I buy that truck

chevy trucks.jpg

The real question is it 4wd? ( I almost guarantee it isnt and that is why it is setting.)
What do you mean no lights? That's perfect ground for tirekicking.

Even if it is 2wd with 300k, if it's in 10/10 shape it will bring 5k.
It's a 4cyl!

Its apparent, many of you will never own a toyota and obviously have never seriously priced one. $2500!?? You would embarrass yourself

The real question is it 4wd? ( I almost guarantee it isnt and that is why it is setting.)
What do you mean no lights? That's perfect ground for tirekicking.

Even if it is 2wd with 300k, if it's in 10/10 shape it will bring 5k.
It's a 4cyl!

Its apparent, many of you will never own a toyota and obviously have never seriously priced one. $2500!?? You would embarrass yourself ...To me it would be embarrassing to pay 5k for a old Toyota

Back
Top Bottom