• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you pay for this Tacoma?

Are Tacoma's solid - yes
Are they reliable - yes
Are they overpriced - yes

Tacomas are the glock of the truck world. Personally I never had any interest, im a Cherokee guy. The old pre-tacoma 4runners with the bikini top are way awesome. But theres no way in everlasting hell id pay more than 2500 for something with 300k and a mystery history. R22 whatever.... 300,000 is 300,000.

I paid 3800 for my truck and it had 113k miles, its not a taco, and its not 4x4. But still.
That’s like saying I got a used rossi 38 for $125 , there’s no way in hell a used glock 19 is worth $450. While I personally agree, mostly because I pay $426 new on blue label, there is a market. Ever wonder why people from other countries come here and don’t buy American made vehicles? Even they know they are crap. Anything dodge throws a transmission at 60k and even the dealer will tell you they lose money on every deal because they make it on the back end.

That’s like saying I got a used rossi 38 for $125 , there’s no way in hell a used glock 19 is worth $450. While I personally agree, mostly because I pay $426 new on blue label, there is a market. Ever wonder why people from other countries come here and don’t buy American made vehicles? Even they know they are crap. Anything dodge throws a transmission at 60k and even the dealer will tell you they lose money on every deal because they make it on the back end.
Be that as it may, even the legendary R22 is a glorified paperweight if its beat on for 300,000 miles. I know the type of guys that religiously drive tacos, I grew up with them. Unless this guy is 65 years old, buyer beware.

OP asks for opinions from Toyota experts. Get's opinions from people who have never owned a single one.

Yep, This is the ODT.
If youre talking about me, mine was new. Not pre-owned. And it was somewhat cool, but not "$430 a month when you're 23 with $180 a month insurance" cool. I had it for 2 months and got rid of it. Took quite a loss but I was was happier with the '84 and '89 4runners I had after that.

I thought everyone on ODT was an expert...

Oh crap!! My transmissions should have gone out in my Ram a LONG time ago. ;)

I'm Leary on a 4 cyl in a truck. My dad has a tacoma with the v6 and it's been a good truck. I had a 4 runner, 99 with 230k miles and was in decent shape, it also had the 6 cyl. I sold it for 2500$. I'd go 3000$ tops if it's super clean and the mechanic gives it a clean bill of health.

I can't speak for that specific truck or the price. However my 03 has 325k on it. Everything works and I keep up my maintenance. It doesn't use any oil. It's still tight and has no rattles. I did wear out the ignition switch and driver's side window motor. I've lost count of the deer I've got with it. Best truck I've ever owed.
IMG_20200531_185508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom