• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
Not really that concerned about a piece of metal a banger can't hid in his pants easily. We get them here late at night all the time blanket-responding to anything/everything (mainly small weapons) tryna get a hit.....offer up what you want, when you want...."just text me here at this number." It don't bother me you don't want a BOS, I'm fine with that....I'll find somebody else to buy it..and not a banger...
Pointless

The digital paper trail is set up by PM's on ODT that usually involve getting a cell phone number and a name. A BOS is not needed. Now if you look like you are a middle school or high school student I would most likely ask to see some ID or carry permit.

clinton.jpg

Generally I will not play the BOS game or even respond to the ad, unless I really really really need/want the item.

My problem in past has been not catching the BOS requirement in the ad, because I don’t study every detail of each ad, and then showing up to the meet when they whip out the BOS. In that case, I “comply” with an illegible signature to avoid negative feedback. But I have never - and will never - let someone write my personal info down on their records unless I’m buying from an FFL.

edit - and I don’t care about a paper trail. I just don’t want my personally identifiable information with people I just met once or twice on the Internet.

Sometimes I’ll put in the post “must have carry license” but that’s just to try and keep the new spammers out of my messages. I’m a private seller, it’s not my job to do a background check on the individual buying the gun from me. Let’s say you are one of the ones who wants to do a bill of sale and see licenses and all that. What’s to stop that guy who legally just bought the firearm you were selling from selling it to someone else now that it is his property. He might not give a crap about all that extra foreplay just like me. Everyone is entitled to sell things however they see fit and if they want to see credentials that’s up to the seller and them alone. Me personally I ain’t dealing with all that foolishness. I’ve got more than few deals under my belt and haven’t had any knocks at my door from the alphabet bois yet.

There are also plenty of people who can legally purchase firearms that don’t want a carry permit. I’m one of those people. Castle law lets me keep it in the truck and I only carry on person while at work (my property, my business) and while hunting (again my own property). Maybe I’ll get a permit one day but for the time being I don’t see any need.

There are also plenty of people who can legally purchase firearms that don’t want a carry permit. I’m one of those people. Castle law lets me keep it in the truck and I only carry on person while at work (my property, my business) and while hunting (again my own property). Maybe I’ll get a permit one day but for the time being I don’t see any need.
I admire your faith in the fact that nothing bad will happen while you’re away from your property, and hope for you that nothing ever does.
I will continue to live by my sig line and always carry, never sit on the inside in a booth, and always try to be the farthest away from the door, sitting facing it.

Back
Top Bottom