• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
If I want it I’ll sign or whatever. I won’t give personal info, just name.
Irritant, yes. Deal breaker, no.

ODT suggests deals/meets thru PMs which (IMO, would include some kind of a first name and phone number for final texts for meet-ups, etc.). Even with no other information, the phone number and name in a dated MFR (memo for record) is enough so that LE can do whatever follow-up is needed, if needed.

That said, if I'm selling a small, concealable weapon like a G-26, Walther PPKS, or lightweight snubby that's got my name on it on a 4473, I'm gonna need a real BOS.... Only time I violated that was an S&W 38 Airweight I sold to a police officer....

ODT suggests deals/meets thru PMs which (IMO, would include some kind of a first name and phone number for final texts for meet-ups, etc.). Even with no other information, the phone number and name in a dated MFR (memo for record) is enough so that LE can do whatever follow-up is needed, if needed.

That said, if I'm selling a small, concealable weapon like a G-26, Walther PPKS, or lightweight snubby that's got my name on it on a 4473, I'm gonna need a real BOS.... Only time I violated that was an S&W 38 Airweight I sold to a police officer....
Some of the crookedest, meanest people I’ve known were cops.
Just sayin’

Just curious, if you are selling a firearm on ODT, what percentage of the buyers' pool do you lose when you check Bill of Sale required, or say you wan to see a license and permit?
To me seeing a license and wanting a BOS are 2 totally different things. I don’t have any issue showing my license or ccw permit. However not written info at all!!!! That **** just ain’t right

To me seeing a license and wanting a BOS are 2 totally different things. I don’t have any issue showing my license or ccw permit. However not written info at all!!!! That **** just ain’t right
Yea.. I had this local ****er, who's a member here.. spring a BOS on me back in 2012... aint forgot that ****

Back
Top Bottom