• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
I'll hold up a DL/WCL up for a moment, but don't want to sign somebody's paperwork. Don't ask for it either....

Would talk with seller to see if a compromise could be worked out, for that to be dropped if it's something I really want. If not, I'd just move on.

The only real requirement that I'm aware of is the buyer is a GA resident. I'm not saying we have a legal responsibility to try to verify that.

I think we have a bit of a moral responsibility to not sell to felons.

I don't mind showing DL or GCWL, and if a buyer doesn't have some reasonable history on the board I might put I want to see them in an add. I've yet to ask for proof at a meet.

If I sell a C&R item from my bound book I need to document the buyer, so ask for "A" name and address, but that's just a requirement I have to meet.

I admire your faith in the fact that nothing bad will happen while you’re away from your property, and hope for you that nothing ever does.
I will continue to live by my sig line and always carry, never sit on the inside in a booth, and always try to be the farthest away from the door, sitting facing it.
I firmly believe everyone should practice situational awareness in all situations and have an escape route planned. I could care less about being a hero just to have my name drug through the dirt by lame stream media.

I firmly believe everyone should practice situational awareness in all situations and have an escape route planned. I could care less about being a hero just to have my name drug through the dirt by lame stream media.
So why carry on your own property/buisness then? It's your place. You should be able to have some really well thought out escape plans.

If they want a bill of sale I am more than happy to meet them at a LGS to do an FFL transfer for which they will pay. Not handing out my personal information to Joe Blow.
Alternatively, I would want to come to their house and have pictures of them with the weapon, in front of their house, with the license plate of their vehicle showing. If they have issues with that then they don't need my personal information.

A lot. I’ve had lots of issues with bills of sale. People saying they don’t need paper trails and all kinds of crazy stuff. The way I look at it is if you don’t have I’ll intentions a signature wouldn’t be an issue. I don’t get address or anything just a print sign date and CCW or DL number. That’s it but some guys absolutely freak out and I have never understood why. I’m not a felon so I’ll sure sign one in a heartbeat but folks are scared I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you in the habit of handing out your personal information to people you've never met before?

So why carry on your own property/buisness then? It's your place. You should be able to have some really well thought out escape plans.
With that logic why have a home defense gun? Why not just jump out a window lol. I carry on my property because it’s MY property and I’m not retreating. I just don’t have illusions of grandeur that some people do of thwarting a robbery at business I don’t own. Not my problem. I’ll do what I have to do to keep myself safe in public but could care less to be some “sheep dog” or whatever those neighborhood watch types call themselves.

Back
Top Bottom