• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
If you want a BOS, we meet at FFL who handles the transfer, and it is only for a deal such as a Colt SAA for $850.

Anything else, no way, Jose.

Got no problem with that. Also, IMO not needed for a SAA or similar or Cowboy, big rifle, etc. Just not gonna take a chance on a banger getting a small gat for who knows what. In that case, what I want is something that can point LE to somebody else so the 'evidence' becomes somebody else's problem. Don't like that? Okay....I sold what I had like that anyway, with a BOS.

ODT suggests deals/meets thru PMs which (IMO, would include some kind of a first name and phone number for final texts for meet-ups, etc.). Even with no other information, the phone number and name in a dated MFR (memo for record) is enough so that LE can do whatever follow-up is needed, if needed.

That said, if I'm selling a small, concealable weapon like a G-26, Walther PPKS, or lightweight snubby that's got my name on it on a 4473, I'm gonna need a real BOS.... Only time I violated that was an S&W 38 Airweight I sold to a police officer....
:clap2::cheer2:

Not really that concerned about a piece of metal a banger can't hid in his pants easily. We get them here late at night all the time blanket-responding to anything/everything (mainly small weapons) tryna get a hit.....offer up what you want, when you want...."just text me here at this number." It don't bother me you don't want a BOS, I'm fine with that....I'll find somebody else to buy it..and not a banger...

Back
Top Bottom