• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is the most accurate 22lr rifle that you can buy?

I have a pile of 22's. None of which I would call precision. Thanks ODT for now adding something else to my want list that I didn't know I needed. Now I'm about to start looking. This sounds like fun.

Interesting conversations here. I too have shot in the ARA and many other formats for many yrs. There are a few things that I have read here that are absolutely up for dispute. I have never seen a 30 inch barrel used in rimfire BR competition in over 7 yrs of shooting and gain twist barrels are not very competitive if at all. 24 inch barrels are the norm, smithed by a well known gunsmith in the rimfire genre costing nowadays an avg. of $400 just to chamber and attach it to a custom action running along the lines of $1200-1400 each with a custom bedded stock, high dollar scope, tuner, etc. and 1 piece rest a good rig to compete with and be relatively competitive in todays match's will run you well into $4-6000

Having a competitive rifle depends entirely on the purchase of tested ammo for the rifle you are going to shoot. Buying blind and hoping you'll reap a good competitive score is almost a guaranteed impossibility. Weighing sizing ammo will not provide anymore accuracy IMO

The target shown by E Royal is a Factory class target, a larger bull compared to the Unlimited Class targets many shooting in the ARA shoot at. While the Factory class is getting larger just about anyone that can see can be competitive given the target size with good ammo, proper techniques, good tested ammo and a qualified rifle allowed in that competition

I was glad to see PRL take off, It is highly competitive and utilizes more than just sit at a bench and shoot skills. Benchrest is for us older farts that can no longer perform the running, up and down actions necessary to compete. Both have there places in rimfire competitions. Had it come along sooner (PRL) I would have done it probably to my liking.

Most here have more than likely had or have a good shooting .22 in their lives and have probably made some very good shots with them. The differences in accuracy between field shooting vs competitive is small but those that practice and compete in the above mentioned sanctioned match's will have superior rifles to be competitive in their formats along with far more expensive ammunition. A 6 card match in BR will cost including fee's an average of $135-150 per match. Many won't pony up those cost and those that do usually are retired, have unlimited source's of income and have top quality time/rifles/ammo/testing facility's to compete at these match's

Rifles I have had several good ones over the yrs, fixing to get out of BR and will be selling my Remington 40x soon the last of my BR rifles, maybe someone here would be interested, in the meantime, just enjoy the sport of shooting for what it is supposed to be FUN!!! If shooting in competitions ,practice is the one thing that will always make you a better shot. you putting food on the table same applies

This target below is from an actual match I almost won but lost on the last target simply because I ran out of a tested lot of ammo I had shot thru the first 5 cards of a 6 card match and had to shoot a slightly lesser ammo I had in my ammo I carried with me that day, big mistake on my part I could have possibly saved some of the good ammo simply by shooting fewer sighters, but outdoors in the wind, even with good flags and equipment your ammo is the key to winning in BR, That card scored a 2400.You can notice the difference between Eddie's card and mine I shoot Unlimited vs his Factory card.
S0467052 (1).JPG
Enjoy your shooting and have fun regardless of how good your .22 shoots. That's what its all about

Back
Top Bottom