• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What did you do to better your prep today?

Got the book "Strategic Relocation", some parts wacky some parts very helpful, about halfway through. Spent the day looking at land in NE Alabama today near Ga border. One with its own lake and one with 1800 ft of stream/creek on one side. Both need a lot of TLC and owners may not negotiate but both have good potential. So I have two more to put in the maybe pile, now it is time to show the top 5-6 to the wife and narrow it down a bit and then see what the bank/owners have to say.

Oh, and I got values on 2 of my existing vehicles which will be traded/sold to help pay for land and spent some time searching for one vehicle to replace them both. I need to wait until land purchase is finalized to make sure I buy something to fill the right needs. Some need serious 4wd some just AWD and decent clearance.

well ive been pretty busy this month stocking up on supplies, most important think ive done was replacing fuel lines and filter on the troybuilt generator. getting ready for hopefully a snowy winter.

pulled out my day pack and loaded it with cold weather garments, threw in a small sterno can and a fresh BIC, as well as an extra half day of fatty goodness Vienna snausages. Added an extra large lawn bag. Need to replace the paracord I used up at the GA/LSU tailgate. Also moved stuff around to put more weight on my hips and less on my back/shoulders. I'm at 14.4 lbs without any water in bladder or bottle.
Includes machete/saw, ammo, food, shelter, clothing, heat, fire(3 methods), signaling, cordage, water collection/purification, first aid, fishing, trapping, 3 light sources, radios, knife, insect repellent, soap, compass, maps.

Today, I made peace with the knowledge that what is coming is inevitable. I finally accepted that it is too far gone to prevent. Acceptance is the foundation on which survival will be built. Denial, rationalization and futile hope are the seeds of destruction.

I loaded all my magazines and my guns in the safe, organized ammo and put a battle strap on my ar. Been hitting the flea markets buying small 10 cent zipper pouches and put knifes cutting instriments and sharpening tool in one pouch, emergency crank radio, flashlights,solar charger in another. And first aid and medical stuff sewing utensils in another. Then sorted and organized all my fire starting preps in another. It's a good thing I was able to call in "cough, cough" sick today.

Bought another150 rounds and got on the scale I have lost 8 lbs in three weeks on my diet. Need to get to a point where I can run when I am out of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom