• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What did you do to better your prep today?

Wow. Been off for a minute. @27,xxx replies??!!! Now that's nice...

Today I tweaked a few wsystems and some nylon config. As for 7 milers at 6:30... old habits die hard. Did you guys do it with full gear? That always gets a funny look or two.

Learned to can fruit, veggies and meat (way easier than I ever imagined.....duh)......picked up some small items for our GHBs and BOBs (ponchos, emergency blankets, small cooking pot with cups, Sawyer water bottle filter, etc.) most are just redundant, but I want redundant......now I need to take inventory and repack. Also, the weather is changing and I really need to get warmer clothes back in my vehicle and the wife's too......about time to change out the bottled water in the vehicles too......damn, I have more things to do than what I already did to better my prep........

3. The Garage Door must be manually opened to get the Generator outside so I can turn it on.

7. In order to put the garage door back down, I have to power it up with the Generator, thus leaving the Generator outside the garage door until our power is restored... Even if we leave the house for a while... Catch 22.

They make garage door openers now that have a battery in them.

I have attached a ratchet reel from a boat trailer on the back wall opposite the door. makes easy work up and controlled down.

Learned to can fruit, veggies and meat (way easier than I ever imagined.....duh)......picked up some small items for our GHBs and BOBs (ponchos, emergency blankets, small cooking pot with cups, Sawyer water bottle filter, etc.) most are just redundant, but I want redundant......now I need to take inventory and repack. Also, the weather is changing and I really need to get warmer clothes back in my vehicle and the wife's too......about time to change out the bottled water in the vehicles too......damn, I have more things to do than what I already did to better my prep........

Nice.

3. The Garage Door must be manually opened to get the Generator outside so I can turn it on.

7. In order to put the garage door back down, I have to power it up with the Generator, thus leaving the Generator outside the garage door until our power is restored... Even if we leave the house for a while... Catch 22.

They make garage door openers now that have a battery in them.

I have attached a ratchet reel from a boat trailer on the back wall opposite the door. makes easy work up and controlled down.

Don't you have the manual release that most electric doors have? It's the arm with a little key ring looking deal on it. Just attach some para cord to it, loosen one of your glass fronts, unless it has no glass windows (good thing to be able to see what's going on out there), and duct tape the cord next to the window on the inside in a stealthy manner. If no glass on doors and if you have two doors, keep one one manual with a key.

Back
Top Bottom