• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you going to reach for when the shtf?

I figure with all 50 geese that live at the tiny pond in my housing subdivision, I'll have enough food for the first week or two. Since I only like one of my neighbors, I'll shoot any of the other ones that think about trying to take one of those geese. Then I'll take their food and that will last me another couple days.

On a serious note, I do need to stock up on ammo. I've only got enough for a last-ditch effort (what I could effectively carry with me while using my rifle), but that's about it.

Unlike many I do not plan on heading for the hills. We have a safe room with everything stocked. My wife is handicapped and will not make it... maybe a weeks mainly due to her high medication dependency. We have stocked pulled meds too but its tough with rare diseases. As far as what will l reach for is a1911A and my AR`s in multiple calibers... possibly a 12 gauge pump after SHTF it won't matter if I take a hacksaw to it.....

Depending on the situation, I would grab different things first. If it is a nuclear blast on Dobbins AFB, the first thing Im grabbing is my ass, to kiss it bye bye.
The typical response in case of a missile emergency when I was on the Boomers... if you had a hot tube there was only milliseconds before bulkhead walls imploded so may as well kiss it good bye...

So much for the short answer.

Depends on the scenario. There's a good possibility that all of the crap will not hit the fan all at once. More like a turd at a time to begin with and as days go by it'll escalate into handfuls and then to bucketfuls of crap being thrown into the fan.....i.e. collapse in government, financial collapse or a mass blackout or something of the sort.

I live out in the country fortunately away from any main roads. I've already met with many of my neighbors and have made some arrangements in case of such an event. We've inventoried our resources...i.e, land, position, equipment (tractors, plows, generators, fuel, etc) firearms, ammo, gold & silver, readily available food and non electric water producing methods. We've also discussed strategic points at which to block off road travel to prevent unwanted guests. Neighbors include several former soldiers, a couple of SWAT members, a few nurses, a gunsmith/gun dealer who is a Class III NFA dealer and Class II manufacture and several farmers.

Individually my cache isnt that impressive, but collectively we are in pretty good shape. I've got enough AR's and AK's for each able body member of my immediate family, my mom and dad and my brothers family to carry as well as an automatic side arm. I do need to build my ammo reserve back up though, I'm down to approximately 1000rds +/- per firearm.

I have a 10/11 meter transceiver and an 85ft tower that is solar powered that could be used to send and receive information all over GA and most other parts of the United States depending on atmospheric conditions.

I have a generator and pigtail to run my well pump in case of a blackout.

We've got enough available food to get by about a month currently. However, we are surrounded by woods filled with all kinds of tasty critters and we live on a large pond filled with more tasty critters.

Things I need to work on: Water storage, food storage, fuel storage and solar power to supplement and replace fuel dependent devices and build up ammo cache.

THE KEY TO SURVIVAL WILL BE IN NUMBERS. INDIVIDUALLY YOU WILL BE OVERTAKEN.

WOW !! you have some really cool neighbors.. i need to get a place with land and like minded neighbors. this subdivision living ain't for me.

All the women I can find to procreate with. Why spend all my time killing people when the world is ending? Id rather go out the same way I was made....

Back
Top Bottom