• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you going to reach for when the shtf?

I'm going to have the same stuff I've got in preparations for any natural disaster....specific gear for the apocalypse?

I've got a large wall mounted box in the hallway that says "IN CASE OF APOCALYPSE BREAK GLASS".

Inside is a thermo rated plasma rifle in a 3 megawatt range, a sack lunch, a small bag of lime and an entrenching tool.:cool:

So much for the short answer.

Depends on the scenario. There's a good possibility that all of the crap will not hit the fan all at once. More like a turd at a time to begin with and as days go by it'll escalate into handfuls and then to bucketfuls of crap being thrown into the fan.....i.e. collapse in government, financial collapse or a mass blackout or something of the sort.

I live out in the country fortunately away from any main roads. I've already met with many of my neighbors and have made some arrangements in case of such an event. We've inventoried our resources...i.e, land, position, equipment (tractors, plows, generators, fuel, etc) firearms, ammo, gold & silver, readily available food and non electric water producing methods. We've also discussed strategic points at which to block off road travel to prevent unwanted guests. Neighbors include several former soldiers, a couple of SWAT members, a few nurses, a gunsmith/gun dealer who is a Class III NFA dealer and Class II manufacture and several farmers.

Individually my cache isnt that impressive, but collectively we are in pretty good shape. I've got enough AR's and AK's for each able body member of my immediate family, my mom and dad and my brothers family to carry as well as an automatic side arm. I do need to build my ammo reserve back up though, I'm down to approximately 1000rds +/- per firearm.

I have a 10/11 meter transceiver and an 85ft tower that is solar powered that could be used to send and receive information all over GA and most other parts of the United States depending on atmospheric conditions.

I have a generator and pigtail to run my well pump in case of a blackout.

We've got enough available food to get by about a month currently. However, we are surrounded by woods filled with all kinds of tasty critters and we live on a large pond filled with more tasty critters.

Things I need to work on: Water storage, food storage, fuel storage and solar power to supplement and replace fuel dependent devices and build up ammo cache.

THE KEY TO SURVIVAL WILL BE IN NUMBERS. INDIVIDUALLY YOU WILL BE OVERTAKEN.

Last edited:
So much for the short answer.

Depends on the scenario. There's a good possibility that all of the crap will not hit the fan all at once. More like a turd at a time to begin with and as days go by it'll escalate into handfuls and then to bucketfuls of crap being thrown into the fan.....i.e. collapse in government, financial collapse or a mass blackout or something of the sort.

I live out in the country fortunately away from any main roads. I've already met with many of my neighbors and have made some arrangements in case of such an event. We've inventoried our resources...i.e, land, position, equipment (tractors, plows, generators, fuel, etc) firearms, ammo, gold & silver, readily available food and non electric water producing methods. We've also discussed strategic points at which to block off road travel to prevent unwanted guests. Neighbors include several former soldiers, a couple of SWAT members, a few nurses, a gunsmith/gun dealer who is a Class III NFA dealer and Class II manufacture and several farmers.

Individually my cache isnt that impressive, but collectively we are in pretty good shape. I've got enough AR's and AK's for each able body member of my immediate family, my mom and dad and my brothers family to carry as well as an automatic side arm. I do need to build my ammo reserve back up though, I'm down to approximately 1000rds +/- per firearm.

I have a 10/11 meter transceiver and an 85ft tower that is solar powered that could be used to send and receive information all over GA and most other parts of the United States depending on atmospheric conditions.

I have a generator and pigtail to run my well pump in case of a blackout.

We've got enough available food to get by about a month currently. However, we are surrounded by woods filled with all kinds of tasty critters and we live on a large pond filled with more tasty critters.

Things I need to work on: Water storage, food storage, fuel storage and solar power to supplement and replace fuel dependent devices and build up ammo cache.

THE KEY TO SURVIVAL WILL BE IN NUMBERS. INDIVIDUALLY YOU WILL BE OVERTAKEN.

You are far better prepared than 99% of the Country so the only 2 cents I can add is stock up on heirloom seeds and seal them in airtight container and whole oatmeal has a 20 year shelf life.

Back
Top Bottom