• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you going to reach for when the shtf?

Well, I would put on my tactical vest which is outfitted with 2 9mm's (1 glock and 1 S&W), 8 extra mags, 4 30rd mags for the AR15 which will be hung with the single point harness. The vest also has ballistic plates, a water bladder, and 2 belts of 12g shells for the shotgun over the shoulder. The wife's vest is outfitted with granola bars, water bottles, first aid kit, magnesium firestarter, compass, flashlight, hand crank radio and a couple extra packs of ammo. Not to mention, depending on the scenario, I have short term and long term bug-out bags ready to go. Seems like a lot but it's still maneuverable.
Now that the wife has had a baby, I'll have to re-think the whole plan. We may just be hanging out at home letting some friends and family bug-out here with us. I could always use extra fingers for all the triggers around here.

Why the hell would you carry EIGHT pistol mags and FOUR rifle mags? See people, this is where you are all going wrong. Prioritize your ammo. When you run out of your rifle ammo, then you have a giant club that you spent 1500 dollars on, and you're left with 8 magazines of something that won't do you much good past 30 feet.. You guys really scare me.

Why the hell would you carry EIGHT pistol mags and FOUR rifle mags? See people, this is where you are all going wrong. Prioritize your ammo. When you run out of your rifle ammo, then you have a giant club that you spent 1500 dollars on, and you're left with 8 magazines of something that won't do you much good past 30 feet.. You guys really scare me.

9mm will do the job past 30 feet.... Just saying.

9mm will do the job past 30 feet.... Just saying.

And? You'll get more use out of replacing that space with AR mags. If you're carrying more than 3 pistol mags while you have a functional primary,you're doing it worng. Your sidearm isn't meant to be a "go to" weapon, it's secondary for a reason. It's there when your primary may go down, or if you've expended all 6-8 magazines of your primary. You aren't jack bauer, you're not going to win against someone with a rifle.

And? You'll get more use out of replacing that space with AR mags. If you're carrying more than 3 pistol mags while you have a functional primary,you're doing it worng. Your sidearm isn't meant to be a "go to" weapon, it's secondary for a reason. It's there when your primary may go down, or if you've expended all 6-8 magazines of your primary. You aren't jack bauer, you're not going to win against someone with a rifle.

maybe all his vests holds is three rifle mags. Many of the ones sold only hold 3.

Well, yeah, that's his choice, of course. But I don't understand why someone would purposely gimp themselves when better choices are easy, cheap, and widely available. There's just no good reason for it.

Too many variables to give a good answer. Ideal situation if I'm at home with my girl is to put the j frame on my ankle, M&p IWB on my girl, glock 19 IWB on me. Shotgun broken down in my back pack, .22 broken down in her back pack, with ammo, mags, and other supplies spread between my bag and hers so if something happens to one of us the other isn't screwed, only visible weapon is my marlin 3030. I would head to my parents house and hope to stay as inconspicuous as possible by not walking around dressed as a soldier or something.

Back
Top Bottom