• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the deal with not leaving feedback?

The topic of feedback is a bit weird on this site. You have a good bit of people that don’t leave it. You have people that won’t transact with people that don’t have X amount of feedback or higher. Which I don’t agree with because it doesn’t help new comers. We all start with 0 feedback. But hey, they can require what they want. It’s their item. You have people that get called cry babies because they complain about not getting feedback from others yet at times they need the feedback to be relevant. Not always, but sometimes the people that call others cry babies are the same people that require X amount of feedback and are also the same people that won’t leave feedback even after they receive it. You pretty much get people across the whole spectrum on this topic. I’ve had quite a few traders not give me feedback and I’ve just come to terms with it.

What I find helps is to actually bring it up at the meet. I usually tell them I will give them positive feedback and I would love for them to give me some too. I’ve never had someone say “no” to the request and it tends to help with actually receiving it.

Reactions: JWC
Y’all some sick mother truckers!!! That’s all I gotta say bout dat!!

Send a reminder I have and I have never had anyone not leave feedback it’s common curtesy!!! Like you said it’s vital to our transactions.

Send them a text or private message. Some people need a reminder. I always leave feedback but sometimes people get busy and forget. That’s life..

Yea sending reminders definitely helps for sure. But I’ve still had a few people not give any feedback even after a couple reminders. They just “disappear” after the meet. And there was nothing to think they weren’t satisfied. Both parties on time. Everything was agreed upon before the meet and there were no issues on any topics. No arguments or disagreements. Like I said above. I just move on. Not much more you can do. But yea, I absolutely consider it a courtesy.

Sometimes I have trouble up here posting. I work off Hughes net and my text can take a half hour to post and receiving can take forever to down load. I wouldn't take it personally. No feedback is better than bad feedback. Maybe they need a gentle, humble reminder. I think everyone deserves the good feedback. It's just good business practice. So if I am one of them just hit me up and remind me.

Made four deals in the last week or so. All went well, smooth transactions. No complaints. All but one reminded me to leave them some feedback. I did. I always do. Good or bad. It’s vital to ones reputation on this site. Helps you and me both vet people out. Only one left me feedback. The one nice member who never mentioned it. Go figure. What’s the deal with not leaving feedback. Too lazy, sorry, busy? All four I paid there price, met at their spot and at their time choosing. Hell, one of them texted me and asked if I could move the meet up a day cause he was meeting another member and wanted to kill two birds with one stone. So I rearranged my schedule and did. Ok, rant over, I’m ready for the critique and abuse. Begin.
If you went to great lengths to make it easy then that a mandatory positive with many thanks as well.

Back
Top Bottom