• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the deal with not leaving feedback?

Made four deals in the last week or so. All went well, smooth transactions. No complaints. All but one reminded me to leave them some feedback. I did. I always do. Good or bad. It’s vital to ones reputation on this site. Helps you and me both vet people out. Only one left me feedback. The one nice member who never mentioned it. Go figure. What’s the deal with not leaving feedback. Too lazy, sorry, busy? All four I paid there price, met at their spot and at their time choosing. Hell, one of them texted me and asked if I could move the meet up a day cause he was meeting another member and wanted to kill two birds with one stone. So I rearranged my schedule and did. Ok, rant over, I’m ready for the critique and abuse. Begin.
Sometimes, they may be dissatisfied in some small way. Don’t feel the need to return, but not really as good as it was described. I’d rather not have any feedback as to have a neutral.

I always leave feedback... unless... something about the deal wasn’t 100% right... but at the same time it wasn’t something egregious enough to warrant a neg... or even a neutral.

Bad communication. Late to meet. Dirty gun. Etc.

Maybe those things warrant a neutral... but I’m not interested in tarnishing someone’s rep over a seemingly one off shortcoming.

Now if the dude already had negs and/or neutrals... it’s game on for the petty stuff.
You said it better than I did. LOL

Sometimes, people truly are just looking to buy what they are looking for or make a sale on what they are looking to get rid of. Many people do not live or die by social media standards with likes or dislikes, or +/- feedback. They just want a fair transaction and don't give it any thought. I bet for many of the ones who don't leave feedback, myself included many times, it isn't intentional to withhold feedback. It just isn't thought of.

I usually end my in person transactions by mentioning that I'll leave them a good review. Then, when I get home, I do so. Much more often than not I get positive feedback in return. Maybe you're just unlucky.

Sometimes, people truly are just looking to buy what they are looking for or make a sale on what they are looking to get rid of. Many people do not live or die by social media standards with likes or dislikes, or +/- feedback. They just want a fair transaction and don't give it any thought. I bet for many of the ones who don't leave feedback, myself included many times, it isn't intentional to withhold feedback. It just isn't thought of.
The difference between likes on social media and feedback on this website is that likes are meaningless whereas feedback is important for vetting people you're going to actually be doing a business transaction with. If I'm going to meet someone I've never met in a place I don't live to buy or sell a weapon and receive cash in return then I'd prefer some form of vetting system, hence the review process. If a guy has 10+, 50+, 100+, etc positive reviews and no or very few negatives then I'm not sketched out meeting this stranger in a strange place. Leaving good reviews makes honest guys rightfully seem more trustworthy while negative reviews make unsavory people rightfully seem not trustworthy.

The difference between likes on social media and feedback on this website is that likes are meaningless whereas feedback is important for vetting people you're going to actually be doing a business transaction with. If I'm going to meet someone I've never met in a place I don't live to buy or sell a weapon and receive cash in return then I'd prefer some form of vetting system, hence the review process. If a guy has 10+, 50+, 100+, etc positive reviews and no or very few negatives then I'm not sketched out meeting this stranger in a strange place. Leaving good reviews makes honest guys rightfully seem more trustworthy while negative reviews make unsavory people rightfully seem not trustworthy.

I understand, but was just offering up a reason some do not leave it. Many just don't give it any thought. Especially if they rarely buy/ sell online. Many people will never have enough transactions to reach 25 or 50 reviews, let alone 100. For the ones who do, they give a lot of thought to leaving reviews.

I do know that the feedback/ review is different from likes, but used that analogy as I have 2 teenagers. I hear from them quite a bit how so & so has XX # of likes or whatever. They use "likes" to judge how trustworthy someone is in their online world.

I understand, but was just offering up a reason some do not leave it. Many just don't give it any thought. Especially if they rarely buy/ sell online. Many people will never have enough transactions to reach 25 or 50 reviews, let alone 100. For the ones who do, they give a lot of thought to leaving reviews.

I do know that the feedback/ review is different from likes, but used that analogy as I have 2 teenagers. I hear from them quite a bit how so & so has XX # of likes or whatever. They use "likes" to judge how trustworthy someone is in their online world.
I see what you mean.

exactly. That is what I use feedback for, to vet someone and do my Due diligence. I’m about to meet someone in a place that is sometimes unfamiliar to me, with an item or cash valued anywhere from $5 to $2000 or $3000. I read all the feedback a member has. I feel it is my personal responsibility to do so. For my own safety. A year ago it might not have been as important. Now a days you just can’t take that chance.

Back
Top Bottom