• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Went trout fishing this morning

I use either gamakatsu or owner mosquito hooks in sizes from 8 to 6 to 4 depending on n average size of fish. Those hooks will set themselves.

Screenshot_20200716-185646_Google.jpg

Put a size bb split shot about 12 in above that hook. Put a whole red wiggler on there and just let it bounce along the bottom, keep the line tight with a nice droop in it. If it stops pull up on the rod, you should either feel the fish or free the bb from the bottom

Where were you fishing? Looking to take a couple of kids to catch their first trout.
Chattahoochee river up above Helen. Turn on 75 above Helen at cool river adventures then take a right and the road runs along the river. Need to go back aways to get to public land. Good luck. Ill be back with the right stuff one of these days.

Put a size bb split shot about 12 in above that hook. Put a whole red wiggler on there and just let it bounce along the bottom, keep the line tight with a nice droop in it. If it stops pull up on the rod, you should either feel the fish or free the bb from the bottom
I took your advice from my last thread I just think my hook was to big. I could feel hits and like I said at one point my line was headed across the current. Just couldn’t hook up. Ill be looking at smaller hooks and will be back.

Chattahoochee river up above Helen. Turn on 75 above Helen at cool river adventures then take a right and the road runs along the river. Need to go back aways to get to public land. Good luck. Ill be back with the right stuff one of these days.
I can put u on some native fish there as well

Back
Top Bottom