• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Went trout fishing this morning

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
Boy do I suck at it. Tried some flies but kept getting hung up and got aggravated so switched to red wigglers. I kept feeling hits but couldn’t ever hook up. At one point my line was going across the current. Im really thinking my hooks were too big. Another guy showed up about 75’ down from me. In 20 minutes he left with lunch. Lol. Can anybody school me on hook size? I may not have caught anything but still enjoyed the 1 1/2 I was there. It was a pleasant 74 degrees and better than being at work.

Boy do I suck at it. Tried some flies but kept getting hung up and got aggravated so switched to red wigglers. I kept feeling hits but couldn’t ever hook up. At one point my line was going across the current. Im really thinking my hooks were too big. Another guy showed up about 75’ down from me. In 20 minutes he left with lunch. Lol. Can anybody school me on hook size? I may not have caught anything but still enjoyed the 1 1/2 I was there. It was a pleasant 74 degrees and better than being at work.
Never have been any good at trout fishing BUT you don't want to be able to see the hook is what I know.

hooks.jpg
215's or gold for some reflection

Great thanks. That sounds much smaller than what I was using. Gonna check my dads tackle box from when I was a kid. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom