• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want to know why intelligent CITIZENS dont like cops?

That was way before video cams....hell some of the worst fights I ever got into with drunks were on dirt roads at a time in the business when radios may or may not work and if they did there was a northside of the county car and a southside of the county car in a county of 436 square miles at 1 or 2 AM...you could call all you want but no one was coming, you were on your own...

Well, I'm sure that each of those you got into fights with showed you the same respect that you showed them, and then you beat the hell out of each and every one of them because you demanded more respect than they were willing to offer......

Because, of course, thats how the vast majority of LEOs operate

I believe I will enter this discussion. Some LEOs do act poorly and use poor judgment, however, that same statement could be applied to every profession and even to our members here on ODT. For the record, I am not a LEO, do not have family that are LEOs, have never had a close friend who was a LEO (never had a bus driver who was a close friend either, but that is another story). I have never been arrested, but have had several encounters with local, state and federal law enforcement officials. In every case where I felt "harassed" by the LEOs, I was at fault. Every time, I acted :smart", it was proven to me that I was dumb. To judge every LEO by the actions of a few, a very few, is not giving the other LEOs a fair shake. Call out the few, but do not generalize and act like every LEO falls into that category. You only make yourself look stupid when you generalize an entire profession. Don't look stupid.

Well, I'm sure that each of those you got into fights with showed you the same respect that you showed them, and then you beat the hell out of each and every one of them because you demanded more respect than they were willing to offer......

Because, of course, thats how the vast majority of LEOs operate

Well you try very hard to keep the situation talked down to avoid it...but every now and then there were some that just wouldn't have any other way..sometimes there were more than one and when it came to HAVING to fight, you're darn right..I beat them down just as hard and fast as I could with whatever I could get my hands on.......if you don't do that way they will kill you....."fair" fight occur on tv and no one gets hurt, in the real world you get hurt VERY badly or killed.
Three of the officers, I knew and like as a growing teenager in the area were handcuffed together one night and executed on one of those lonely dirt roads.
Being a LEO is not a game, it is a serious and often deadly business..
I failed to address a point someone made about "cops" could give a test and if the violator were .08 or so they could tell them they had to wait two hours to drive..
First it needs four hours for you reaction time to recoup and second if a LEO did that and left the person and that person drove his car and killed someone or a family, he would be sued for everything he ever hoped to own, his dept. would be sued, he would be terminated from his job, his certification revoked and possibly be criminally charged for violation of oath, reckless conduct and other offenses. not to mention carrying the responsibility for that on his conscience for the rest of his life.

ee being a "cop" is so easy.....al you got to do is turn on the blue lights to get thru the traffic control devices and get to the donut shop first..that's all there is to it.

Well you try very hard to keep the situation talked down to avoid it...but every now and then there were some that just wouldn't have any other way..sometimes there were more than one and when it came to HAVING to fight, you're darn right..I beat them down just as hard and fast as I could with whatever I could get my hands on.......if you don't do that way they will kill you....."fair" fight occur on tv and no one gets hurt, in the real world you get hurt VERY badly or killed.
Three of the officers, I knew and like as a growing teenager in the area were handcuffed together one night and executed on one of those lonely dirt roads.
Being a LEO is not a game, it is a serious and often deadly business..
I failed to address a point someone made about "cops" could give a test and if the violator were .08 or so they could tell them they had to wait two hours to drive..
First it needs four hours for you reaction time to recoup and second if a LEO did that and left the person and that person drove his car and killed someone or a family, he would be sued for everything he ever hoped to own, his dept. would be sued, he would be terminated from his job, his certification revoked and possibly be criminally charged for violation of oath, reckless conduct and other offenses. not to mention carrying the responsibility for that on his conscience for the rest of his life.

ee being a "cop" is so easy.....al you got to do is turn on the blue lights to get thru the traffic control devices and get to the donut shop first..that's all there is to it.

Well now I'm even more perplexed; if you didn't beat the hell out of people for no reason, then you must have been just out to generate revenue ....... As I read it here on the internet, the vast majority of LEOs are there to just generate funds and violate my rights.

I'm so confused now

Well now I'm even more perplexed; if you didn't beat the hell out of people for no reason, then you must have been just out to generate revenue ....... As I read it here on the internet, the vast majority of LEOs are there to just generate funds and violate my rights.

I'm so confused now

Yeah revenue, that's why I got paid 525.00 per month at the time and drove patrol cars with 200,000 miles on them that the heaters half the time didn't work and there was no a/c, provided my own firearm, ammo, flashlight, handcuffs and shoes....We were just rollin in money......

Yeah revenue, that's why I got paid 525.00 per month at the time and drove patrol cars with 200,000 miles on them that the heaters half the time didn't work and there was no a/c, provided my own firearm, ammo, flashlight, handcuffs and shoes....We were just rollin in money......

Can I borrow some money rich man? :becky:

Very odd to hear from one of the "Very small percentile" of good LEOs out there ..... Shoot, I was thinking good LEOs must be so rare that encountering one would have odds like winning the lottery. Amazing!!!

I'm doing my best to not use broad generalizations and "Show my ignorance", but it just amazes me that one would choose a career path to serve and protect citizens ...... I just thought it all had to be about being "Roided up", showing my authority, generating revenue, violating citizen's rights for ****s and giggles and driving fast with some cool flashing lights on my car

I started at $8.98 an hour, first unit had 214,000 miles on it, and bought my own gear. Not to mention that I bought my own VHS tapes (yeah I'm old) for the camera system in my patrol car. On that note... I am not ashamed to allow my kids, or my mother watch any of those videos! I conducted myself as if my mom (whom I fear) would be on the jury watching an incident.

I started at $8.98 an hour, first unit had 214,000 miles on it, and bought my own gear. Not to mention that I bought my own VHS tapes (yeah I'm old) for the camera system in my patrol car. On that note... I am not ashamed to allow my kids, or my mother watch any of those videos! I conducted myself as if my mom (whom I fear) would be on the jury watching an incident.

Holy crap, now 2 good LEOs in the "Very small percentile"?????? I need to go play the lottery...... this very small percentile is growing exponentially ........

Back
Top Bottom