• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want to know why intelligent CITIZENS dont like cops?

So you're OK with forcing people leaving a bar to submit to a breathalyzer test but you're against roadblocks?

I didnt read he was thinking it was a voluntary item, so the folks leaving the bar would know if their BAC is legal or not.

I was watching the cops TV show and at lake havasu, they pulled some guy on the lake, that could stand up in a boat and he blew a .27

he musta been an alcoholic for 20 years to be able to do that.

I did answer your breathalyzer question. It was 3 down. and im referring to the breathalyzers in drinking establishments. basically a machine that you can check yourself with. and then supercop said I should join Athens madd group lmao. what was that it?

I have to ask, why are are you refering to the LEOs in this thread as "Supercop"??

not easy, thats for sure.

my new take home company pickup has a 399 HP engine, sigh.

I just set the cruise about 4 mph above the posted limit and play itunes thru the bluetooth to the 700 watt factory stereo.

i used to have a few points when I got paid by the mile in a 18 wheeler, till I figured out how to get out of the points,,,

now I get paid by the hour, from when I leave home till when I get back home, so no hurries.

So you're OK with forcing people leaving a bar to submit to a breathalyzer test but you're against roadblocks?
when did I say ths was required... do you have a block where you can not understand what preventative measure is? I WILL SAY IT AGAIN! this would be voluntary for preventative measure. not all would use of it, but if it kept one person off the road over the limit, im game. its not like you would be arrested right then or it was policed or monitored by officers if you blew overa .08...... but it could make some aware of limits before they attempt to drive. and cops could still set up the roadblocks youre so fond of. lets say the person drinking were at a .10 b/a. Then they could wait at the establishment for an hour or 2. smoke a cigarette. shoot the **** with some people to let alcohol wear off and then recheck before leaving. make it cost a buck or something.(to cover costs) sorry to be a prick but I feel like you are just reading excerpts of what im saying. if I knew a dollar could save me a dui or more importantly vehicular manslaughter/ murder while under the influence charges when I could simply get a taxi, I would love that type of device... especially knowing I was over the limit. like I said some would use it, some wouldn't."friends don't let friends drive drunk..lmao". or at least I make a big deal about it. its lame in some peoples eyes but I would rather say "split a cab and you cancrash at the house" than throw someone drunk some keys.

but if it kept one person off the road over the limit, im game.

And what if the roadblock keeps one murderer off the street? Arguing from "we'll if it saves just one person" is a very, very slippery slope. Reference latest AWB and gun control debacle.

And just out of curiosity, how many DUI's have you had?

farva.jpgI am more of a farva fan

when did I say ths was required... do you have a block where you can not understand what preventative measure is? I WILL SAY IT AGAIN! this would be voluntary for preventative measure. not all would use of it, but if it kept one person off the road over the limit, im game. its not like you would be arrested right then or it was policed or monitored by officers if you blew overa .08...... but it could make some aware of limits before they attempt to drive. and cops could still set up the roadblocks youre so fond of. lets say the person drinking were at a .10 b/a. Then they could wait at the establishment for an hour or 2. smoke a cigarette. shoot the **** with some people to let alcohol wear off and then recheck before leaving. make it cost a buck or something.(to cover costs) sorry to be a prick but I feel like you are just reading excerpts of what im saying. if I knew a dollar could save me a dui or more importantly vehicular manslaughter/ murder while under the influence charges when I could simply get a taxi, I would love that type of device... especially knowing I was over the limit. like I said some would use it, some wouldn't."friends don't let friends drive drunk..lmao". or at least I make a big deal about it. its lame in some peoples eyes but I would rather say "split a cab and you cancrash at the house" than throw someone drunk some keys.

I'll tell you how that would work.......the majority would wait until the officer left the area and drive anyway..
I stopped a guys once that was so drunk he couldn't speak clearly..He pleaded with me and pointed out his house, only three doors down from where we were.
I followed him into his driveway , made sure he a key that would fit the door and I told him, I'm giving you a break but don't get back under the wheel for at least four hours. He thanked me and said he would not.
I puled out ad drove around the block coming back ins sight of his house just in time to see him pull out of the driveway. Stopped him again , arrested him and tok him to jail.

Oh if onlythe job were as easy as those of you who have never had to do it think it is.

Back
Top Bottom