• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want an AK-47 But know nothing......

I have the PSA GF5 and no complaints. When prices come down I would really like to get a polish under folder one day but at twice the price it’s hard to justify it now.

I have the PSA GF5 and no complaints. When prices come down I would really like to get a polish under folder one day but at twice the price it’s hard to justify it now.
My unicorn is the DOUBLE underfolder, Norinco if you can find one, for less than a kidney.

Palmetto state armory are the best ball on a budget in my opinion there hinged and railed dustcovers are killing it plus they have a million different configurations as well in a few different calibers I love the 2 I have
I hope they do to the ak market what they did to the ar market. They’ll force others to lower their prices or risk missing out on a sale altogether. PSA has been a blessing to the gun owners of America and a curse to the rest of the industry.

My favorite AK is an Arsenal Sam7k.

I concur. But they tend to get a little front heavy... 😏

20240127_173458.jpg

I hope they do to the ak market what they did to the ar market. They’ll force others to lower their prices or risk missing out on a sale altogether. PSA has been a blessing to the gun owners of America and a curse to the rest of the industry.
Amen I don’t know if you saw the 8 Proto guns at shotshow that they are gonna start producing but goodness gracious also they are working on a sub compact 5.7 no one has ever even tried

you're going to get novels worth of information because of how wonky US made guns vary greatly in quality. Personally i would by a converted mak90 or whatever side folder 7.62x39 psa is making and just shoot it until it has issues and send it in
Cheap mak 90 . This is the correct answer. No psa dookie turds

I’ve owned two Mak90’s (paid $350 each back in the day including a 1000 rounds of ammo and dozens of mags and drums 😉). I disagree that it’s a superior platform without qualifying that statement. Mak 90’s like most AK variants are fine weapons if you don’t need well mounted optics and can live with a very basic and short radius iron sight system. I’m not a fan of dust cover mounted sights, forward sights, or those clunky side mounts.

I loved mine but when the prices got stupid, I traded them for better rifles. I’m not saying they’re bad, they’re not…they just fit in a certain niche and if that’s what you want, rock it…just don’t think that your getting something objectively superior.
Basically... this

They are fine guns especially when they were cheap

But there is nothing other than a stupid executive order that makes them more expensive than they need to be

A mak 90 is a far superior gun to a budget ar

But it is not a better gun for the money than say a pws or lmt...

So get a psa

They make good budget friendly ar varients and you'll be happy

Back
Top Bottom