• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was just down at the range and it is nothing personal only business.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
A guy down on his luck brought in a mint Remington 7400 or is it 7600 30-06 I can't remember but it is the semi auto version. Guys at the range offered him 350 for it and he took it. A 1980s remington semi auto 30-06 in mint condition for 350 bucks. My jaw dropped.

If I'd had the cash I'd of gave him 450 for it. But I was picking up a new Colt M4 carbine I'd just bought for 900 off of Buds.

I really wanted to share my opinion with the poor old guy but I wanted to not step on toes and get my Colt paperwork and NICS check done and get out of there.

Now I know if I ever need to sell a firearm they are as bad as a pawn shop.

I have seen this a couple of times, the gun stores can buy it new wholesale so when the take it used they have to sell it for less then new and still try to make their margin. Like you said to them its just business. Any time you sell something to someone you know is going to resell it your going to get kicked in the knees.

I have seen this a couple of times, the gun stores can buy it new wholesale so when the take it used they have to sell it for less then new and still try to make their margin. Like you said to them its just business. Any time you sell something to someone you know is going to resell it your going to get kicked in the knees.
Yep.

I had owned both models. Took some pigs with them but they were quite finicky. Consensus says they had to be extremely clean for them to function properly. Nobody’s twisted anybody’s arms to trade any guns that they own. Free will is out there. Enjoy what brings you pleasure. 8

Back
Top Bottom