• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Vht flame proof. (cerakote replacement)

Someone stole or debit card info when we went to Pigeon forge last week so we are waiting on the wife's paycheck next Friday. Then I'm going to two tone the kimber. I just can't take it. And it would look goofy black and Grey. So we are going silver in the frame and black on the controls and slide. I wish I could hit it with a blaster with glass or aluminum oxide

someone needs to call vht and tell them to make a od green and a flat dark earth. also im considering doing this to a synthetic stock and curing it with a heat gun instead of backing any thoughts??? think it would hold up?

Looks like I've got a few spots on the kimber that are starting to flake. I am going to have it blasted with aluminum oxide or glass and then redo it all in two tone. The only spots are on the slide on the serrations and around the trigger guard. I don't see any wear in the usual spots like the end of the slide at the bbl. I may just leave it and see what it does

I assume that the spots that are chipped off were poorly prepared. There are only three spots. The rest of the finish is bullet proof. I have tried picking at it with a sharp knife and no problems with it coming off. Just make sure you get a good sanding and degrease maybe even bake it to off Gas any grease or oils

Back
Top Bottom