• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Vht flame proof. (cerakote replacement)

I used the same bead blasting process as ceracote, then painted in vht and baked. Just pulled out of the oven image.jpg

Just got it together I'll take pics in the am. I did paint a usgi mag after I bead blasted it. It's a bad mag, and I knew this going into it. This stuff is tough! The mag was a testing piece for the durability.

Now the VHT is great for someone that enjoys doing their own work that doesn't mind redoing it every now and then as eventually it will need replacement. I've done a couple of my cheap woods guns in it because I know I'll beat them up. But holds up very well for what it is. It's all in the prep work for how long the finish will last and out come. In the end cerakote will hold up better but for working on a budget and not wanting to dump the amount of money into the tools needed for cerakote it is a great way to finish a firearm. I'm the end cerakote is the ultimate coating but don't get joe schmoes basement shop to do it for you and expect a quality job.
I my self like Duracoat better than cerakote. Duracoat seems to have more flex to it than cerakote. and have met people that say the same thing saying that flying brass hitting the gun seem to chip cerakote where as Duracoat dont.... just my 2cents

Back
Top Bottom