• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vht flame proof. (cerakote replacement)

Did some final touches on the marlin model 60. They said you can't tacticool a marlin model 60. So I did lol I just need to mount the scope and find a bipod. Or trade it. Any offers
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_14_zeba6a4a.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_14_vyrudagu.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_14_ahu4ynuj.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_14_2ysu2yte.jpg

What stock is that Marlin sitting in? The gun looks great! Scope and bipod would set it off! Do you have the clear VHT? I might suggest getting the clear for the sliver...It seems to get dirty very quickly, It will also polish...Kinda. Thinking the clear would add a little protection for the silver...It's a satin clear so it wouldn't make it all shiny...

What stock is that Marlin sitting in? The gun looks great! Scope and bipod would set it off! Do you have the clear VHT? I might suggest getting the clear for the sliver...It seems to get dirty very quickly, It will also polish...Kinda. Thinking the clear would add a little protection for the silver...It's a satin clear so it wouldn't make it all shiny...

The stock is the ati stock for the marlin.

The pictures in that thread don't show up. Would you mind posting some before and after pictures here? I see you did the sky a while back how has the finish held up. My kimber has been carried every day in a hybrid leather/kydex Holster and I have yet to see any wear.

This pictures were on my old phone :( they might be in my email though. Can't take new pics since I sold it but I had it for quite some time after that and the finish held up great I pretty much salvaged that sks because it was rusting away. but after a sand blast and a couple coats of vht she was like new. I sold it for way more than I expected to because that was what the guy I worked with offered me. plus it was still the gun scare and took that money and bought a clean SKS paratrooper.

**edit** found the photos on my email. Not the best before and after pics but it is what is it :P

20130207_184031.jpg20130212_143006.jpg

Last edited:
Finish held up really well I use mp7 oil nothing rubbing off finish. I do recommend if you use a matte finish to take a small paint brush and brush the gun down after its all cured because it kind of leaves a powder like residue on it.

So far this stuff loves frog lube. That she looks awesome brother. I still don't see any wear on the kimber. She is more than likely about to get two toned. I'll have to wait a while but I am sure that's going to happen

Back
Top Bottom